Part 79: A Rather Rainy Day

<TIMESKIP(DAY OF THE OPERATION)>

...

...

...

A storm brewed above us, but no lightning or there can be heard, like if hey we're personally avoiding me and my current predicament but it still flooded the streets and alleys with tears.

"(chuckle) How very good Mummy. Looks like we did, we have a rat within the league and that would be you," I said standing beside a bloodied body on the ground," Slice. There'll be a few changes to our current plan"

"Yes All For One" Slice said using her red hair to pull up Mummy by the collar," And what should I do with him?"

"I'll let you decide. Traitors deserve a horrible end so please give him one to suffice. And, don't make it painless"

"(wide eyed) no.....please...," Mummy raspingly said in his beaten state,"..I..."

"There's no use talking about it worm," Slice said, stabbing her hair into his shoulder," Your fate has already been decided by yours truly (smile)"

I was suspicious about Mummy, and the way he behaved was only more implying his distrust. Perhaps he was trying to act that way so that it would trick me into believing he was genuinely uncaring, however I have friends who would do what I'd ask.

I ordered Slice to follow him the day of Nighteye's operation to see where he had been going since he's usually always absent despite being someone I appointed to be a general in the league. As Slice followed him down an alley, she took initiative and surprisingly attacked him and as you would know it, Mummy had an envelope that would be sent to the authorities.

"Hmm, so you like taking pictures, huh Mummy. Were you a photographer?" I asked the beaten Mummy while also pulling out a picture of Eri sleeping," This one is just creepy"

Mummy was unable to talk since Slice had her hair squeezing around his throat in which I smiled at.

'If he's been sending these to the authorities, he might've sent other kinds of information too. Plus, Nighteye is also working with them so I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow found our hideout,' I thought, pulling out a picture of an outside view of the hidden lair.

"(smile) You rat, they've already located our hideout haven't they. Now, I'll have to arrange a few things"

"All For One, should I kill him now?" Slice asked.

"I did say it was your choice what you wanted to do with him, it just has to revolve around that he can't escape or live. I'll be heading back to the lair now, and please come back clean. I don't want to see blood on your pretty face okay"

"(blush) R-right! I understand All For One," Slice said turning back up to the hanging Mummy," For the league"

"No...NOOOO!!!--"

I walked away from the dim alleyway as the sounds of agony echoed down along with a slight but insane kind of laughter as the screaming had only started.

<AT THE LAIR>

...

...

...