Part 41: Dad For One

HOSPITAL

"Daddy! I did it!," Eri shouted as she held up a picture of a turkey. It was the kind where you traced your hand and added all the details. I taught her that.

"It looks wonderful Eri! We should definitely frame this" I said holding it up.

"Frame it?" Eri asked, tilting her head.

"It just means we should keep it forever" I said handing her back her picture,"Don't forget to write your name!"

"Okay! (scribble scribble) there!"

/eRI/

'Good enough'

"Now lemme see your turkey!" Eri said.

I lifted up my picture and she began to laugh.

"Hahah!!! That's a cow! Hheeheh!"

'WHAT!?'

I looked at my own drawing and sure enough, it matches the image of a cow.

'I really tried on this. I'll have her teach me how to draw another time'

"Daddy can't draw a turkey!" Eri surprisingly mocked me.

"You're just too good Eri. I can't match your level" I said, picking her up from the floor and placing her on the bed,"Okay. Now, I have a few friends who'd like to meet you. Wanna meet them?"

"If they're Heeshabee's friends, then I want to make them my friend too!" Eri said looking around the room.

"Okay then Eri," I said looking through the window towards the 3, signalling all of them to come in.

Yagi, Mirio and Aizawa all came into the room and created a line to introduce themselves. Mirio to the left, Aizawa in the middle and Yagi on the right.

"Hi! I'm Mirio!" Mirio introduced it with a boom.

"I'm Izuku Yagi! Wait, that might be too much. Just call me Deku" Yagi corrected.

"And I'm Aizawa, but you already know that," Aizawa said.

Eri, stood behind me shyly, gripping the back of my dress shirt slowly peeking at the 3.

"Um, daddy?" Eri said.

"Yes Eri?"

"Um...I already forgot their names," Eri said, looking a bit disappointed in herself,"Can you...help me?"

'CUTE!' Everyone in the room thought.

"Sure Eri. Um, That's Deku. Just remember him as a broccoli boy" I said pointing over to Yagi who looked defeated.

"Yeah, call me that" Yagi said.

"That's Mirio, or just think of him as 1 million" I said pointing over to Mirio who liked the name.

"Aw yeah! I'm 1 million!!" Mirio boomed as she waved his fist up and down.

"Finally Mr. Aizawa or think of him as Grandpa!" I said giving Aizawa a mischievous smirk.

"(sigh) Hi..I'm Grandpa Aizawa," Aizawa said enthusiastically.

"Can you remember their names?" I asked, patting her head.

"Grandpa Zawa, 1 million, and Broccoli," Eri said.

'She remembered those?!' Everyone thought.

"Well, I hate to spoil the fun but It's time to head back to the dorms. Midoriya and Yagi, you 2 still have to make up classes from your work studies, along with Ochako and Asui so let's not get left behind now" Aizawa said.