Part 87: We're Symbols

<WITH THE GIRLS(A FEW MINUTES EARLIER)>

...

...

...

In a random alleyway, somewhere close enough to me and Yagi, a dark black portla swirled open and out came Lady Nagant, as she fell face first onto the ground

THUD

"(groan) Ugh....what the-" Nagant said but was interrupted when she suddenly felt like throwing up,"(hurl) BLEGGGHH!!!!"

A sudden black mass exploded from Nagant's mouth, making her hold her stomach as finally, Toga, Slice and Eri came crashing out onto the ground in front of her.

BBAAARFFFF!!!!

"(cough)(cough) Dang...that was so gross," Toga whined, sticking out her tongue.

"Lady! Are you alright?" Slice said, while making sure Eri hadn't hit her head down the fall.

"Yeah, yeah. I deserved that," Nagant said with a suffering expression as she wiped her mouth," Must be the Warp Body quirk All For One used on me"

"Yeah. He's starting to surprise me. I didn't know he had that kind of quirk," Slice admitted," Maybe he was hiding it"

"Why would he do that?" Toga asked while her hairbuns," Hisa-chan trusts us!"

".........yeah! You're right!" Slice said with a hardy smile.

"He definitely doesn't like me," Nagant scratched the top of her head," The first thing he did when we met was stab me with a needle, and let's not mention that I (clears throat) you know. The girl? Eri"

The 3 girls turned their attention down towards Eri who peacefully laid in Slice's arms. Eri was asleep, but in the moment it wasn't the cute kind of feeling she gave off like a small snore, instead, it was more like a heavy feeling, waiting for her to make a move of any kind besides the rise and falling of her chest.

"May I....hold her?.." Nagant requested Toga and Slice. They both looked at each other and internally came to a mutual agreement and smiled at Nagant.

"Sure, but don't hurt her," Toga smiled a bit threateningly.

Slice gently handed Eri over to Nagant, and quickly Nagant's hands started to tremble in guilt. Eri's face couldn't help but look familiar to her, reminding Nagant of what she has done before, before being arrested and put into Tartarus for 2 years.

'I'm.....I'm.......'

"I'm so sorry!!!" Nagant said, as she heavily dropped to her knees and pushed Eri's head into the crook of her neck," I'm so sorry I did this to you! (tearing up)"

Nagant's tears were beginning to fall onto Eri, and while Toga was about to say something, Slice stopped her and signed to let it happen. Nagant continued to ball her eyes in despair, wishing that she had remained in prison. Nagant was a very sensitive woman when I came to kids as you can see. She would never intentionally hurt them but the first time she did under the influence of the Hero Association, she lost a piece of herself, and now with Eri, a symbol of that missing piece, she had subconsciously dedicated herself to the league.

'(genuine smile) I know it must be tough on you Lady, but looks like you haven't completely abandoned your emotions,' Slice said, looking toward the good side.

"Okay. I think that enough crying for one day," Toga surprisingly said, when she came and placed her hand on Nagant's back," Me and big sister Slice have our orders, but if you join the league, under Hisa-chan's hand, then I'll let you come along. How does that sound?"