Part 38: Eyes like Mine

THE NEXT DAY

"Did something happen Midoriya? You seem more cheerful than usual" Mirio asked as we patrolled the area.

"Something did, but I don't need to share that with you" I said with a smug smile.

"Does it have something to do with when you called Yaoyorozu to your room?" Yagi asked.

"Perhaps but maybe I'll answer another time, for now let's focus on patrolling alright Yagi" I gave him a nudge.

"Alright," Yagi said, still thinkin about it.

Last night with Momo, let's just say I was very convincing and that 2 people won't be going to heaven. I was successful in placing my influence over Momo and it was confirmed when she woke me up this morning for school. She was very nice. I hadn't told her about my plans yet, but when it becomes time to go I am very confident I'll meet no resistance.

"Now guys, remember to use our hero names when we're out in public. We're heroes right now, not students" Mirio said.

"That makes sense," Yagi said.

"Anyways, AFO! A girl huh, what's she like?" Mirio asked.

"She's a good friend with many useful aspects. I think of her as close but not to close"

"I see. So you're a flirt!" Mirio gave me a thumbs up.

"Wait what the- I'm not a flirt!" I said.

"Well, the way you described her, you do kinda sound like a flirt" Yagi agreed.

"Not you too Yagi"

The 2 laughed at me for a moment before we continued patrolling.

Right before we started patrolling, Nighteye had informed us about his certain objective. They were investigating the Shie Hissaikai and most specifically their leader Chisaki who also goes by Overhaul which I actually like his name.

We were put back on patrol and due to circumstances, I was also put with Mirio and Yagi to patrol making us 3 heroes in a group. I did try to negotiate how I am a how agency on my own, but Nighteye scolded me for how I think that would actually happen.

"Mirio, could you tell us more about Overhaul?" I asked.

"I would but...I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ELSE!! Everything Nighteye told you was the same for me and we haven't actually gotten any more leads on him accept for a traffic incident"

"Traffic incident?" Yagi said.

"Yeah. We got a report of a robbery. A group of 4 had stolen a register from a store but we suspect Overhaul had also been involved. The men in the group were all acting abnormally and even with cavities all being fixed. Plus, the money that was stolen had burnt up so with the villains caught and the money gone, no crime could be charged against him"

"So he can somehow fix the body?" I asked.

"Well I don't actually know how his quirk works but, what you said is definitely my guess"

"Huh, to rule over a whole gang too. He must have a really strong quirk" Yagi said.

"Then we should be cautious for now on" I said quickly walking forward ahead of the 2.

"Hold on Midoriya" Mirio said jogging behind me with Yagi following.

(step)(step)(step)STEP!

THUD!!!

"Oof!"

"What?" I said.