Part 89: Shortly Lived

What could you say, really? Across the country of Japan, in homes, apartments, schools, districts, every television screen was on the same Channel 7 News.

Mouths open, eyes widened and breaths gone. The wave of happiness had not washed over anyone yet, especially the U.A. dorms. From the first years of every class, to the thirds, every dorm room, or building was frozen.

/I........ can't believe it..../ The news reporter barely said, being unable to truly make out the words to describe the unbelieving feeling inside her/ All For One...... has been defeated! ALL FOR ONE HAS BEEN DEFEATED!!!/

"YESSS!!!!!"

"THEY DID ITTT!!!!!!"

"THEY (SNIFF) GOT HIM!!!"

The entire country could be heard, screaming their lungs and hearts out in joy, like some song had suddenly possessed them. Even the toughest of heroes cried a year, as they felt that this was the indication that everything would turn out alright, that everything would finally be back to normal, that they finally had Peace.

However...When it came to the school of U.A. Not every student was truly happy with the outcome. It's not that they want it to be over, but the idea that lingered in their minds was, what now? What came after? How would this affect their lives? How would this change? And...

'Would he be coming back?....' Momo thought to herself, hands crossing each other as she stared at the television screen that showed a large cloud of dust that flooded the ruined area of the city.

'I.... don't know how to feel about this' Kirishima thought to himself as he also stared at the same screen and the class.

'Is this what we want?....Is this how it should end?' Ochako thought to herself, with a similar conflicted expression,' Hisashi...'

"Hey guys. What's with all the long faces? We should be happy. The only one who should've brought down Midoriya was Yagi. We should be happy for Yagi's victory!" Kaminari said, doing his best to lighten the heavy mood.

"He's right. Only someone from our class can stop another classmate," Jirou said, with a fake smile.

"Right! We should go recover the not if them now, along with Todoroki, Bakugo and any other casualties," Iida chopped, receiving an agreeing hum and nod from everyone.

<WITH BAKUGO>

The large cloud of smoke surrounding him swirled, hiding everything in sight from the debri, holes in the ground, and even blocked his vision of seeing the sky. Slowly though, Bakugo would begin to start making out the surroundings as the dust scattered away.

'Where's that Nerd?!' Bakugo said, doing his best to stubbornly stand on his feet, with his eyes halting hard through the cloud.

After a moment, Bakugo could start making out the misty silhouette of a person on a knee and even the green and red sparks that slowly dissipated away.

"(wide eye) Deku....DEKU!!" Bakugo called out, forcibly ripping a chunk of wood off the Ramen sign he hid behind and used it as a cane to limp forward," HEY DEKU!! DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE DEAD!!"

Bakugo was admittedly concerned for his classmate? Childhood friend? Either way, he was worried in his own way.

"ANSWER ME DAMMIT!!" Bakugo yelled again, almost tripling as he got closer to the misty silhouette,"........Deku...."

The dust subsequently got cast aside when Bakugo approached, but even then Bakugo didn't hesitate to swing an arm to push back further the dust to make the scene more clear.