Part 19: Internship End

After the Hosu incident, Yagi, Todoroki, Iida and myself were stationed inside the hospital for the remainder of the day and we would leave the next. While we were there, we had received a visit from the chief of police whose head looks like a dog. After explaining the run through the situation, he informed us that the use of quirks in battle was illegal. 

In order to cover up our activity, he said that the credit for taking down the Hero killer would go to the number 2 hero Endeavor. Once he left, we stayed in the hospital overnight to recover.

OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL

"Good job rabbit!!!" Mirko said while slapping my back.

"My Painkiller is active, yet I can feel your hits. Just how hard can you punch?"

"Just as hard as your mother! Without her using her strong quirk"

After we were released from the hospital, Mirko had come to pick me up for the remainder of the internship being 3 more days. She decided that we would both take a short break on top of a water tower that oversees the entire Hosu city. Perhaps she wanted me to reflect on the recent events.

"I want to ask, why did you choose my mother for your internship?"

"When I was your age, she was my hero!"

"Really!?"

"Yupp, she saved me from a car collision when I was 9"

"So ever since then you wanted be like her"

"That's right!" Mirko said while slapping her biceps," She inspired me to get as strong as possible in order to save lives and their hearts"

"Oh! She told me that too!"

It was not easy to keep the silence away, since so much had happen in one night. A simple breeze was almost as loud as an oncoming truck.

We were silent for a few seconds until I spoke.

"Mirko, I think the league was behind this"

"Same here rabbit. Well, who else would have those Nomu things"

"That's a giveaway sure, but I can't seem to understand why. Overall this was a random attack and I didn't think the league was that kind of organization"

"They're not. Have you seen what has been trending online?" Mirko asked, while pulling out her phone to show me a video.

The video consisted of background information of Stain, and what his motives were.

"This hero society is full of fake heroes!! Who only want money and fame!! The only true hero there is, is All Might!!!"

"Pretty crazy huh rabbit?" Mirko said, putting away her phone.

"Indeed. His conviction is frightening to the average hero and I can't help but agree to what he said about corruption in hero society. If you're born with the right quirk, your future is already set"

"I get where he's coming from too, however, killing is not the answer or the option" Mirko said," Killing should never be a way to solve problems"

"You're right Mirko, but do you believe he would've been heard if he hadn't done something so outlandish?"

"Probably not, that's why you and the other future heroes need to start listening" Mirko said, motioning up to her rabbit ears.

"I could probably do something once I become a hero"

"Oh yeah? Let me ask you, what do you think of hero society?"

This was the first time anyone besides Nana had asked me what I thought.