Part 61: Peaceful Town

KATSUMA

"So you were a teacher at a school?," Katsuma asked as we neared his home.

"I was an assistant but I'm retired now," I said as I continuously scanned the area to map out the town on Nabu Island.

Katsuma had led me by the hand towards his home somewhere in this small town. I've been scanning the area and noticed that they aren't as technologically advanced like the mainland of Japan, lacking flashy lights, televisions and even cars. This was a peaceful town with about 1000 people, or at least that's what this boy tells me.

As he escorted me and Eri, I did get a few observing eyes from others around us as we walked by small shops that lined up on the beaches' walkway. They had all looked for a second or 2 until they noticed Katsuma and then smiled and continued on their way. This allowed me to understand that he was popular with the people young and old.

"Retired?," Katsuma said questioningly as he looked back at me," But you don't look old at all!"

"Ahaha! Well, when I say retired, I mean that I quit being a teacher," I said scratching my head while Eri just did her best ot fit into the lie," I wanted to do other things like travel the world"

"Is that how you 2 got here?," Katsuma asked with a smile.

"Yeah. We got lost halfway through so...."

"Thank you Katsuma!!!," Eri said smiling.

"(blush) You 2 are v-very welcome," Katsuma said as he turned back forward and pulled his hat hat down," We're here now"

He brought us to the front of a simple home. A 2 floor house with a modern but cozy look, surrounded but a few others around matching the same description, I rated it a 8 of 10. Katsuma dragged us to the entrance door where he was about to open the door, until a small girl threw it open for him from the inside.

 Katsuma dragged us to the entrance door where he was about to open the door, until a small girl threw it open for him from the inside

"Katsuma!!," the older looking girl said," Where were you huh? The sun had already set an hour ago!"

"I'm sorry Mahoro!!," Katsuma said bowing," But-"