Chapter 7

-March 2020-

Josh's POV:

Have I ever mentioned I'm the worst at cooking? Cause if I haven't, I will now. THIS BREAKFAST IS GARBAGE. It tastes like an old shoe, mixed with duct tape, garbage, and more garbage.

My phone went off. I picked it up when I saw my manager's name pop up.

"Joshua, I have very exciting news!" He started.

"What is it?" I asked, spitting out the food in my mouth.

"You signed with Warner Records!" He announced.

"I did?! What?! How?!" I asked, astonished.

"Tim Federle wrote a note to Warner and they were interested in you." He explained.

"No way." I breathed out. I thanked him and immediately called Tim.

"Josh! What's up, bud?" He asked.

"Thank you." Was all I could properly compose.

"You're very welcome. Now, what am I welcome for?" He chuckled.

"I signed with Warner Records!" I replied.

"Oh! They got my letter!" He exclaimed. I nodded, though he couldn't see it. "Josh, you have immense potential, and you were given the opportunity to show everything you can do. Take it." He adviced. 

"I will. Thank you so much, Tim, really." I grinned.

"Oh, stop thanking me." He laughed.

"Okay." I laughed along. We hung up not long after. Then Liv called me.

"GUESS WHO IS A PROUD GIRLFRIEND OF THEIR AMAZINGLY TALENTED BOYFRIEND WHO WILL SOON TAKE OVER THE MUSIC INDUSTRY?!" She exclaimed.

"And how did you know?" I raised my eyebrows, with a smile.

"I have my ways." She admired her nails.

"No ya don't, I bet you Tim told you right after I called him." I laughed.

"Okay? And if he did?" She rolled her eyes. I laughed at her sassiness.

Cameron's POV:

"Hey, dad." I walked into his office.

"Cameron! Just the guy I was looking for." My uncle exclaimed.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because, we, as in your dad and I, would like you to be part of the business." He explained.

"For the last time! I don't like music that way. I'm an activist, not some music producer." I rolled my eyes.

"But it's in the Kasky bloodline!" My dad tried to talk  me into it.

"No, no, no, no! I am not doing that." I shook my head.

"I think you would be great for it." My uncle shrugged. 

"One moment, I have a meeting with this newbie, his name is Joshua Bassett." My dad explained.

"Oh, he's the guy Olivia Rodrigo is dating." I acknowledged. She is very pretty, sucks she's dating him instead of me. Suddenly, the idea popped into my head. "Wait, dad. I have a deal." I smirked.

"Does it have to do with the business?" He folded his arms.

"Yes. All you have to do is leave this Joshua guy with a lot of work, and I'll do the rest. If my plan goes the way I want, we have a deal and I'll become whatever you are." I answered.

"And what exactly is your plan?" My dad asked.

"It'll be revealed as time passes." I smirked to myself. 

"Alright, deal." My dad agreed. I smiled, before I left his office. This is going to get good.

Josh's POV:

"Liv, baby. I just got a message I have to meet up with the label. I'll talk to you later, alright?" I smiled at her.

"Okay, I love you. Good luck!" She squealed.

"Thank you, I love you too." I waved, hanging up. I splashed some water on my face, slipped on a formal shirt, and I joined the virtual meet, anxious.

"Oh, how lovely! Joshua!" A man sitting on a big chair cheered.

"Yes, nice to meet you." I smiled.

"My name is Joseph Kasky." He introduced himself. "And I will be your Warner Records producer." He introduced himself. There were other people in the call. Some other producers, my managers, my AD's, and other people I didn't recognize. "This is your band." He showed me five people on the call. 

"I don't even have a song out yet and I already have a band?" I asked, stunned.

"Why, yes! We need this to get started! The longer we wait, the longer the world misses out on you." He chuckled. "I have your shedule, you had nothing planned for the next 3 months, I'm hoping we can get many things out there soon!" He exclaimed. His mood was the coolest. "Now you have these 3 months packed with studio recording, songwriting, and composing new songs. The details will come later today, right now I am going to show you how everything works." He explained. This is giving me good vibes.

Cameron's POV:

What am I exactly trying to do? Haha, you'll see as time passes.

Olivia's POV:

"Liv, before the state shuts down, we have to get your music video done." Tim explained through the phone. "We're moving the date for today at 3:00, alright?" 

"Sure, it's not like I have something to do." I laughed.

"Okay. Call me if you need anything." He laughed along before he hung up. Today?! Ahh!

Josh's POV:

Livvy <3:

Olivia:

im recording the music video today!!!!
😁😁😁😁😁😆😆😆😆😊😊😊
😊😊😊🤗🤗🤗🤗🤭🤭🤭🤭😸
😸😸😸👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤
 💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐 🌷🌷🌷🌷
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀
 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 🌼🌼
🌼🌼🌼 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻 🌞🌞🌞
🌞🌞🌞🌞 💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫
💫 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 🌟 ✨ ⚡️ ☄️ 💥 🔥
🌪 🌈 ☀️ 🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤
🎤🎤🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎹🎹🎹
🎹🎹🎹🎹🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸
🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎀 ❤️
 🧡 💛 💚💙 💜 🖤❣️ 💕 💞 💓 💗
💖 💘 💝 💟🎊 🎉  ✢ ✣ ✤ ✥✦ ✧ ★
☆ ✯  ✩ ✪ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✶ ✷ ✵ ✸ ✹ 

I smiled at all of the emojis. I was texting her a huge good luck speech, when I was interrupted.

"Joshua, we can't have any distractions right now." Joseph scolded.

"Yeah, sorry. I just had to send a text." I turned my phone off before I could press the send button. Dang it!

"You can leave that for later, we have many thing to get done. If you want to be here you need to act like you do." He claimed. I nodded my head, and focused on the call.

Cameron's POV:

"Perfect." I mouthed to my dad, sitting on a chair in his office. I was scrolling through Olivia's Instagram. So far I've come to the conclusion she's a very bright person, she likes songwriting, and is a Jack White fan.

Olivia's POV:

He left me on read. Okay?... Should I be concerned, or....

It's probably nothing. He does have that meeting thing with his new label, I'm sure he's busy.