Chapter 8

-March 2020-

Olivia's POV:

These past 2 weeks Josh and I have been distant. We've called each other every night, but the label gives him so much work, he ends up exhausted and barely makes it 10 minutes into the call and he's already fast asleep. But! On the bright side, the 'All I Want' music video comes out today!

I felt my phone vibrate and a huge grin appeared on my face when I saw who was calling me. "Hi, baby!" I exclaimed when I saw Josh's face show up on my screen.

"Princess!" He smiled. "Today is the day! Your song is coming out!"

"I'm so excited!" I beamed. "Wait- how are you calling me? I thought you had another meeting today." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I sort of lied and told them I had a headache." He shrugged. "I missed talking with you."

He's so sweet. "Won't you get in trouble?" I asked.

"No, I told Joseph and he said it was fine, but to not get too used to it because he wasn't going to do this unless it was a real emergency." He explained. He was tired of all that, though there was still some excitement about it.

Cameron's POV:

"Why aren't you in a meet with him?" I asked my dad.

"The poor guy. I bet you I gave him so much work I made him sick." My dad shook his head.

"He's sick?" I asked. Ugh, he can't take a real job. "I thought I told you to keep him stacked with work!"

"He called me saying he had a headache and asked for a day off." He answered.

"This is not what we agreed to, dad!" I stomp my foot on the ground.

"Son, I know. Calm down." He spoke softly.

"No! You make it happen or it's off!" I yelled before I stormed out of his office. This is going my way, and only my way.

Josh's POV:

"So, I saw the song you posted on your Instagram 2 days ago." I smirked. "You wanna tell me who it's about?"

"I don't know, it's about a handsome curly head with some brown-eyed grin, that's all." She shrugged, smiling.

"I'm confused, what party were you talking about?" I chuckled.

"Of course you wouldn't remember." She rolled her eyes. "We went to Asher's birthday party in 2018. I thought you were kinda cute. Then a couple weeks later we both booked High School Musical." She grinned.

"If I had your memory." I mumbled. "I have no idea what party you're talking about, but okay." I laughed. "As long as you're my darling angel I don't need anything else." I grinned.

"Haha, I see what you did." She blushed. I was about to say something when Joseph called me.

"Good morning Joshua, are you feeling any better?" He asked me. Oh right, the headache thing.

"Uh, yeah. I just had to rest." I lied. I don't like lying, but today out of all days, I wish I could just talk to the cast and celebrate the release of 'All I Want' with them today.

"Good. We need you to do a live stream today." He ordered.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Why? What does that have to do with music?" I asked.

"Oh, Joshua, you have so much to learn." She sighed. "Doing live streams make your fans more interested and engaged." He explained. "So, you'll do it now, then meet with us to record some vocals." He added. His words came to my mind. 'If you want to be here you need to act like you do.'