Chapter 45

-February 2021-

Olivia's POV:

"Know that I loved you so bad

I let you treat me like that
I was your willing accomplice, honey
And I watched as you fled the scene
Doe-eyed as you buried me
One heart broke, four hands bloody

The things I did
Just so I could call you mine
The things you did
Well, I hope I was your favorite crime

You used me as an alibi

I crossed my heart as you crossed the line
And I defended you to all my friends
And now, every time a siren sounds
I wonder if -" I stopped playing when my phone rang. I had gotten a DM from one of my middle school friends, Sahana.

Sahana:

Sahana:

Hey, Liv! I don't know if you'll see this message, but I heard your song in a grocery store, and turns out, you're, like, the biggest celebrity in the moment?! I just wanted to congratulate you, and hope everything is good back in California!!!

Olivia:

AHHHHHH!!! It's been a long time!! Thank you!!!
It's a really weird but fun experience. It made me really happy to hear from you, although I'm in Utah right now.
Hope you're ok!!

Sahana:

I'm in Utah too! I managed to save up enough to bring my brothers and I here and we're currently living in a small room. It's good to be away from all the commotion. You know how it is.

Olivia:

I want to meet up before I go back to LA. I miss you.

Sahana:

umm, that's going to be a little hard. I'm working shifts in the morning and the afternoon until 11 PM to pay rent. If I don't go my boss will discount that, and that would mean I can't pay rent. I can't risk that.

Olivia:

I'll pay whatever you miss. It's no big deal :))

Sahana:

I can't ask you to do that, Liv.

Olivia:

You didn't ask me, I offered. How about the Liberty Park at 1 PM today?

Sahana:

Okay. Thank you.

I smiled excitingly and got ready.

"Hey." Josh smiled when I walked out the door.

"Are you stalking somebody or am I getting weird vibes from you?" I laughed, locking the door to my apartment.

"No, I don't do that." He chuckled. "I'm just making sure the State of Utah is free from your stupid ex."

"Ah, that seems fun." I laughed. "Considering you count as one of the stupid ex's, might as well leave too." I joked.

"That stung my heart." He fell to the floor with his hand on his chest. I rolled my eyes and started to walk away. "Hold on, hold on, wait. Woah." He jogged to catch up to me. "I see you leaving without giving me a hug. Go ahead, walk out." He pointed to the elevators.