Chapter 60

-July 2021-

Olivia's POV:

"Liv, you're done for the day." A producer smiled at me. I gave them a thumbs up and walked out of the booth. The studio was very fancy considering I recorded my first album in a garage. It felt right, and I liked it a lot.

"That was amazing Liv, just, wow. No words. Your voice definitely had a glow up since, you know." Adam nudged me. When I was little my cousin never missed one of my performances, and sometimes he brought Adam around with him. One of those performances, I sang like a dying walrus, and he still annoys me about it.

"Oh, shut up, I was a six year old with a cold, and in my defense, that sound system was straight up garbage." I laughed, packing up my stuff.

"Sure, whatever." He rolled his eyes. My phone rang, and it was Josh saying that he wanted to cuddle. "You guys seem very close. It's funny after all the drama around your song it's weird watching you two together." He chuckled.

"Yeah, we've gone a long way, but we found our way back, so I don't know. I'm sure it happens to soulmates or whatever." I shrugged, smiling at the memories I've had with Josh.

"No, don't tell me you still believe in soulmates." He laughed. "Can I still call you The-"

"Don't even say it." I threatened him. He opened him mouth, but I told him 'no' with my eyes.

"The princess of American Girl Doll 's love parallel, who uses 'fairy dust' to join an American Girl Doll with a Barbie's Ken." He laughed. I made that name up, and forced my parents to call me that for 6 months.

"I hate you." I rolled my eyes.

"No, that was a hit back in first grade. I remember you took a whole box of colored pencils and sharpened them to get the, so called, fairy dust." He recalled.

"That took me a whole month." I laughed. "Then my dad ended up throwing it away the day later because it was everywhere, but at least I'm not the guy using a six year old to impress a girl."

"Oh, gosh, no. That was the most embarrassing day of my life, don't even remind me." He closed his eyes and shook his head.

"You gave me a whole speech to quote to her." I laughed. I ended up saying everything wrong and it was an epic fail. "But, umm, it looks like it's going to rain and I don't want to get wet-"

"Oh, here, use my hoodie, just in case." He smiled. I couldn't say no, what if he gets mad?

"Oh, okay, thanks. I'll give it back to you tomorrow, bye." I beamed, hugging him. 

Josh's POV:

I heard Liv come through the door, so I stood up from my couch and ran to her. 

I opened my arms with a huge smile. "Bab-" I stopped and slowly aproched her. "Why are you wearing Adam's hoodie?" I asked.

"Did you sniff it, or what?" She laughed. "It was about to rain so he offered it. Now, where's my hug?"

"I'm not going to hug you with that on." I protested. It really bothered me, but she didn't see it.

"You're serious?" She slightly opened her mouth in shock.

"Dead." I nodded. She rolled her eyes and took it off. 

"Happy?" She asked. I shook my head and walked to my room. I grabbed one of my hoodies and put it on her.

"Now I am." I smiled, bringing her up to my lips. "Let's play a game called Whoever wears Adam's hoodies is a rotten egg. I have one point, which means you lost."

"Josh, stop with the insecurity." She kissed me. "It means nothing that I wore his hoodie. I didn't want to get wet, that's it." 

"He likes you, Liv. I just know it." 

"You haven't even talked to him." She chuckled.

"Exactly, and I already know he feels something for you." I pointed out, while she grabbed some oatmeal cookies.

"He's six years older than me, I'm basically a kid to him." She laughed.

"Babe, trust me. I know what I'm talking about." 

"Okay, then, I'll just prove to you I only like and love you." She smirked. I read her face and took a step back.

"What are you thinking?" I chuckled. She opened her arms and jumped on me, wrapping her legs around my waist. I held her thighs, laughing about the way she stumbled to get on me.

She smiled smugly and pulled me by neck to her lips. One thing let to another and before I knew it, we were making out on the couch. She reached to take off my shirt, but I stopped her.

"Don't." I breathed out, painting for air.

"Why? What's wrong?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Just don't." I repeated, looking away.

"Okay, but I'm going to need an explanation." She took her time to look at me, tugging my chin. "Babe-"

"Not now." I crooned.

"I'm serious, talk." She shook my shoulders lightly. She waited for me to talk, messing with my curls.

"Um, there's this scar right down my chest I don't like. I got it when I was rushed to the ER and I don't want you to see it. It's unpleasant." I revealed, fixing my gaze away from hers. She tried to lift my shirt up, but I held it tight. "Liv, no."

"I want to see it." She begged. I shook my head and sighed. "Nothing you have is unpleasant, don't say that." She comforted, rubbing my cheek with her thumb.

"Can we do something else?" I asked, with my leg slightly jumping up and down.

"It's okay to be insecure about it, but can I see it? I won't say anything." She promised.

"I'm not ready for that, can we talk about something different?" I hesitated. I didn't want the topic to be my scar. It was crooked, and pink; the skin was stretched so it looks and feels weird. 

"Baby, how you look isn't going to change the way I love you." She soothed me.

"I don't want to show you, I don't even want to see it myself." I muttered. She gave me a long hug, rubbing my back.

I knew Liv was very curious, so she wasn't going to give up that easily on taking a peak of it. I needed time to embrace the fact that I would have that the rest of my life, before I could show someone else.