Chapter 69

-December 2021-

Olivia's POV:

"It's weird not being with the family on New Year's eve." Josh chuckled, while we cuddled on our bed.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't trade us for anything." I kissed the back of his hand.

"It's already 12 PM, we've been talking for four hours." He laughed, sitting up. "What are we going to do today? We can stay here and do nothing, or maybe we can walk around some park, up to you." 

"What if we tell the whole world we're together so we can actually have a picnic in Central Park?" I asked, yawning.

"A joke, right?" He turned his head to look back at me.

"No, I'm serious. We can be together outside without people filming us or whatever. We might as well just tell them." I explained.

"But, they don't deserve an explanation." He pointed out.

"I know, but, like, we're engaged. How are we ever going to hide that in the future?" I asked.

"The same way we're doing right now." He shrugged.

"But, I don't want to. We shouldn't have to hide, it's stressful." I reasoned. 

"You want to?" He asked, leaning back into the headboard. I nodded, fidgeting with his fingers. "But, think about it. After everything, you're sure you want to?"

"Yes, just imagine us being able to walk around New York without having to worry about getting caught. That would be cool, and freeing too."

"Yeah, it would, but what about the negativity?" He questioned.

"Ignore it. Either way, we both get negativity in our careers, but this time we can rely on each other." 

"We do rely on each other." He noted.

"Yeah, but, like, us together." I explained. He took his phone out and took a picture of us. "You're not going to upload that, are you?" I asked. He nodded, smiling.

"You look really cute." He grinned.

"My hair is a mess and my eyes are puffy." I noted, trying to delete the picture.

"Yep, and it's cute. I'm going to make it my wallpaper." He chuckled, hiding his phone behind his back.

"No, let me take another one." I jumped on top of him to try to get his phone.

"Nope, this one is my new favorite." He laughed, pinning me down.

"Well, it's my new not-favorite." I reached for his hand, but my arm was too small.

"Aw, too bad you're only 5'5 with tiny arms." He stuck his tongue out to me. I groaned in frustration and hovered on top of him.

"That doesn't mean I can't get it." I pulled his arm closer to me, but we ended up falling on the floor, since we were close to the edge of the mattress. He laughed, while I still fought to grab his phone. 

"Even if I made it easier for you, you would still suffer to get it." He teased, trying to get up.

"I'm not suffering, stupid." I laughed, attempting to keep him on the ground so it could be easier to get his phone. He escaped my grip and ran out to the living room, closing the bedroom door in effort to slow me down. I ran out, looking all over for him, until I found him.

"Come on, are you going to give up?" He smirked, jumping on the couch.

"You're a three year old, Bassett." I laughed, walking away.

"HA! You gave up! I won!" He danced awkwardly.

"You give me second-hand embarrassment 99% of the time." I laughed, while he walking into the kitchen. 

"Mean." He stomped, putting his phone on the pocket of his pants.

"Someday, I'll be living in a big old city, and all you're ever going to be is mean." I sang.

"That was beautiful, you're voice is perfect." He hugged me. I giggled a 'thanks' and pulled him to my lips. I tried to slide my hand into his baggy pocket to get his phone out. "What's that hand doing?" He pulled away, laughing.

"Uh, I'm cold." I lied.

"You're, honestly, so bad at lying." He chuckled, while I frowned. "I'm not ever erasing that picture."

"Wait... Does never come from not ever?" I questioned, trying to unfocus him from the phone.

"There's no way you didn't know that." He laughed. "Of course it does."

"It does? Maybe it's just a coincidence." I shrugged, quickly grabbing it, then running away.

"Hold on, you sore loser, the game was over!" He chased me around the room.

"Not for me!" I smirked, deleting the picture. 

"Did you actually do it?" He stopped running.

"Yep." I laughed, but he didn't.

"Oh." He looked around, then walked away. I knew I messed up, but I didn't think a picture was that important.

"I, uh, sorry." I gave him his phone back, quietly.

"Whatever, it's over now." He shrugged, avoiding my gaze. I crossed a line, and I felt horrible about it, but I didn't know how to make it up.

I hated the silence on the room, however I didn't know what to say. "Do you want any help?" I asked.

"Do you want to do it?" He questioned, making breakfast.

"Umm, I, uh, sure." I walked closer, but he didn't look at me.

"Just let it cook for three minutes." He shrugged, then walked to the bedroom. I stayed in the kitchen, thinking about what to do.

Breakfast was ready a few minutes later. I hesitated on telling him, since he seemed upset, but the food was getting cold.

"Hey, umm, breakfast is already on the table." I peaked my head into the room, and saw him scrolling through his phone. He nodded, and walked out. I hugged him before he could walk past me. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have erased that picture." I went on my tip toes and kissed his a couple of times. He laughed, and picked me up.

"You totally forgot I can recover pictures." He noted, then put me down on the floor. "BOOM, I'M BACK BABY, THIS IS WAR!" He clapped. "Haha, you weren't expecting that, were you?" He laughed. I hid my face on his chest, and laughed quietly.

"I hate you." I laughed.

"I always get the last word." He chuckled. "You really can't outdo the do-er."

"No, wait, I'll come up with something too. It's going to be way better than yours." I mocked him.

"Yeah, right." He laughed, rolling his eyes.

N/A

wattpad was being mean-