Chapter 13

-April 2020-
-Few hours after last chapter-

Olivia's POV:

Josh and I have laughed so much we're both in tears. "I love this." I giggled, scooting closer to him. 

"Yeah, I do too." He wiped his tears away. "I don't think I've ever laughed that much with anyone." He chuckled. He looked over to the side and spotted a box. "What's that?" He asked.

"Squishies." I smiled. He gave me the most confused look ever. "You've never had one?" I asked. He shook his head. I stood up and handed him the whole box. 

"What am supposed to do?" He asked. I laughed at his unfamiliarity. "What?" He smiled, watching me laugh.

"I'm surprised you've never had one of these." I answered, placing my favorite one in his hand. I balled his hand into a fist, but he still didn't have a clue about what it was. "Squish it. Hence the name squishies." I laughed.

"That's all you do?" He chuckled. "You could've told me that before." He rolled his eyes. 

"I wanted you to make a fool of yourself." I grinned.

"That's not nice." He pouted, and turned to me. I pecked his lips quickly. He smiled and changed his focus back to the squishies. "These are really satisfying." He took a handful of them.

"Be careful!" I took the panda out of his hands. "This one is special." I held it in my hands. He looked at me in awe.

"Why?" He asked, smiling.

"It might be, sort of, dumb, or somewhat, I don't know, cheesy, or maybe even a little-" I started, but he interrupted me.

"Liv, you're rambling." He laughed, squeezing my hand.

"Oops." I laughed. "Anyways, every birthday I have I whisper a wish to the panda, and it has always come true." I smiled.

"You mean that panda-squishy-thing has superpowers?" He chuckled, playing with the other ones.

"Yep." I grinned.

He turned to me and smiled. "That's really cute." He kissed me. I blushed and grabbed some of the fluffy squishies. 

"Smell them." I smiled. He looked at me in shock.

"They smell?" He asked, not knowing to be disgusted or not.

"Not, like, a bad smell." I laughed. He laughed and brought the cherry squishy to his nose. He immediately pushed it away and sneezed.

"Sorry, I'm really sensitive to strong scents." He laughed. Right then he got a call. I looked at the time and noticed he was 30 minutes late. I covered my mouth in guilt. I should've had more attention in time. 

He mumbled a curse word as he took his phone out his pocket. I couldn't help but giggle at that. "What?" He asked.

"You cursed." I answered, giggling. He rolled his eyes playfully and pecked me, before he answered the called.

"No, yeah, I know, it's just- There's traffic." He lied. I got my phone out and searched for traffic noises. I let the video play as he smiled at me. "See, there's a lot of traffic, Joseph. I'll call you back." He ended the call.

"Well done, Bassett." I nudged him.

"Aye, thanks for the help, beautiful." He laughed. "But, I have to go." He groaned. I straddled him and placed my head on his chest. "No, don't do that, then I won't want to leave." He whined, hugging my waist. 

"But I don't know when I'll see you again, I need to make this last." I responded, interlocking our lips together. He moved his hand to rub my back slowly. 

"I rea-lly- have- to- go." He chuckled in between kisses.

"I- know." I smiled. It took everything inside of me to pull away. I dragged him out of my room and down the stairs. "I love you." I smiled, going on my tiptoes to kiss him.

"I love you too." He grinned. I watched as he walked out and got in his car, waving one last time before he took off. 

Josh's POV:

I rushed to Sabrina's house, and to my surprise, there was no traffic.

"Hey!" She smiled when I pulled up.

"I'm really sorry for being this late, I was with my-" I started.

"No, you don't have to apologize." She smiled. I smiled back, catching her eyes. They were puffy, but covered with makeup. I tried to move on, and forget about it, but I couldn't.

We arrive to a small house in the middle of nowhere. It looked old and a little scary. I knocked on the door and it nearly fell. There was a note on the window. It read 'Use whatever, just don't break anything :)'. I read it and we walked in. We examined everything. There were guitars, pianos, drums, and even trumpets. 

Sabrina and I sat down in a small black couch, searching for the voice memo of the duet. "Found it." I smiled, showing her the demo on my phone. She looked up at me and I saw those same puffy eyes. I couldn't hold it in anymore. "Why were you crying?" I asked out of curiosity.

"What?" She questioned. It took her out of surprise.

"I'm sorry to just ask like that, but you look like you were crying." I shrugged.

"Oh, that." She looked down and started fiddling with her fingers. "Um, it just, Griffin broke up with me."  She opened up, looking to the side. "I thought it was a serious relationship, but I guess not." She shrugged, sighing. I gave her a side hug full of empathy. 

"I'm sorry that happened to you." I lamented. "No one should feel what you're going through right now." I commented. She simply nodded her head. "But, now you know what he's really made out of. You learn when you make mistakes." I soothed her.

"Yeah, you're right. It's just a little hard to get over how much time I spent on him." She explained.

"Well, something life has taught me is that you can't change the past, but you can always make the future better." I smiled at her. "You're not going to get anything done by weeping for some guy who didn't truly care. Why don't we go, so you can show off the tremendous talent you have he was too dumb to see?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. 

We had the best day in that studio. It was out of all the noise in LA, though a sand storm picked up right when we had to leave, so we stayed the night, talking. She's a gem, he just didn't see it.

N/A

guys, I'm so sorry for posting this late. I hope I can catch up with all my chapters during the weekend!