Chapter 49

-March 2021-

Olivia's POV:

"Shut up, I don't care, I met Harry Styles in one of my interviews." I laughed, running away from him.

"No you didn't! That was some Harry Styles wannabe, who didn't even sound like him." He argued, catching up to me. 

"Did I ever say it was the same Harry Styles that wrote Watermelon Sugar? No. So, then?" I jested, standing on the couch.

"Stop being such a smart mouth." He laughed, pulling the sleeves of the hoodie I was wearing. "Ha! I got you! Now you owe me another night drive." He smirked.

"We never said the winner got a reward." I laughed, walking away from his arms.

"Yeah, we also never not said it." He chuckled. "Plus, a night drive sounds nice if it involves you crying to I almost do."

"I don't cry to I almost do, I relate to it." I answered.

"What part of it?" He asked.

"The whole thing? I don't know, I just do." I shrugged. That was a lie. It's basically how I'm feeling about Josh in a nutshell, which I wish I could stop. But, how do you stop liking somebody so charming and silly? We see each other everyday, and well it just happened, okay? I smelled his hoodie and it only took a second to remember all the good memories I tried so hard to forget.

Now I'm thinking we were never really over each other. But I don't know how he feels, so I can't just assume.

- · · · -

"Remember what happened here? When you were depressed and didn't want to smile." He nudged me.

"Yeah, that was fun." I laughed, although something inside felt out of place. 

"I should throw you in again." He joked. 

"The water is freezing." I let my toes splash the water. I felt his hand on my back, which pushed me off the wooden dock. "JOSH!" I shut my eyes.

"Chill! I got you, I was just messing." He pulled me back up.

"Don't ever do that again." I shoved him.

"Oh, come on, live a little." He smirked.

"You don't know how hard I want to punch you in the face right now." I uttered.

"I'll take that as a compliment." He kept his obnoxious smirk. We stayed silent, while he pulled me into his lap, with my back against his chest. Our heat was enough for me to feel comfortable. "I always wondered what you did in quarantine when we were dating." He spoke up. His voice was soothing and calm.

"I don't know, I guess, I lost myself in you so much those few months I lost my identity. I didn't feel like doing anything other than talking to you, so I didn't a lot." I replied. 

"I didn't see that." He hugged me from behind. "I'm sorry."

"It's the past now, we talked about that." I turned around to face him. He nodded and smiled. "We should make more memories so we don't have to keep dragging our old ones into conversations." I blurted out.

"Yeah, we should." He agreed. I smiled, although he couldn't see it. "And, they start right now." He lifted me up.

"Were are we going?" I asked, letting him pull my arm back to the car.

"A fair. We only have 3 days left of filming, we gotta make the best of it." He grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I wonder if we're getting a third season." I pondered.

"We are, Tim got an E-mail about it." He shrugged.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Because I saw his computer screen when I went to his office." He answered, starting the car.

"Why did you go to his office, though?" I chuckled.

"You ask too many questions, Liv." He rolled his eyes.

"That's just a filler answer for, 'What I was doing in there wasn't anything good'" I pointed out. He laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, pretty much." 

- · · · -

"Who knew the stars could look so beautiful from up here?" I asked, admiring the night sky. We snuck up a building in the fair, it was far away from all the bright lights and loud music.

"I did, I watch them all the time." He grinned. I rolled my eyes and looked around.

"How lucky are we right now?" I wondered.

"Why?"

"Do you know how many people just want to have some peace and quiet but just can't?" I answered.

"No." He chuckled.

"Just think about it. It's so calm and relaxing. I haven't felt this in a long time." I smiled.

"No, yeah. I get what you mean." He smiled back, pulling me in between his legs.

Josh's POV:

I don't know what to do. Filming is about to end and Liv and I never went further than the occasional 30 second hug.

The situation isn't the best, and if I'm being honest, I'm extremely sure she sees us as friends. Frankie's words were stuck in my head, 'If two ex-lovers can remain friends it was never love or always was.' But, maybe we're just too mature to hold onto the past and bring each other down by that.

"Do you have any projects after the show ends?" She asked me.

"I want to record a studio album, and maybe audition for a movie of some kind. I'm not one hundred percent sure yet." I answered. "You?"

"I don't know. The label has to wait and see what happens with déjà vu first. I really want to tour, though." 

"I'm certain any song you put out would break more records. And if it doesn't, I'll stream it every single day of my life until it does." 

"Yeah, you might not like it." She chuckled quietly.

"Show it to me. I'll hear it anyways." I laughed. She took out her phone to find the recording.

"You won't get mad, or get upset, or anything, right? I don't want to kill the mood." She bit her nails.

"I won't." I smiled, pulling her hand away from her mouth. She nodded and let the recording play. It made me realize that most of the things I did with Sabrina were things I once did with Liv.

"You really put in the time you showed me Uptown Girl ?" I laughed, stunned.

"I was mad at you, okay?" She laughed shyly. "And for the record, Dan came up with that lyric." She shrugged.

"Because, I'm sure, you talked about it." I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"Okay? What if I did?" She shrugged, biting her lower lip.

"I can't really do anything. It's coming out anyway." I chuckled. "I love the bridge, it smells like Cruel Summer." I nudged her.

"Good. I was going for that." She grinned. 

I still love her. I never stopped.