Chapter 54

-May 2021-
-Right after last chapter-

Josh' POV:

"No, of course you can. What's stopping you? What others think of you?" I asked. She nodded looking at the ground. 

"Someone called me fat." She spoke up.

"Liv, someone called me a sociopath, that doesn't mean I'm an extreme antisocial person with a lack of conscience." I chuckled.

"That song wasn't for you." She hid her giggle. 

"You found a new girl and it only took a couple weeks? I guess that therapist I found for you, she really helped ? Totally." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Well, I told you I was mad." She defended.

"Okay, but don't change the subject. I'll make a sandwich for us." I smiled, while she stayed on the counter.

Five minutes and a cut finger later, I was done. "Can you take me to the table?" She pouted.

"Of course." I grinned, letting her jump on my back. I set the food on the table and let her down. I put some mayonnaise in my sandwich, while she blankly stared at me.

"Do you know how many calories you're eating?" She asked.

"Uhh, no?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "I didn't put anything in yours other than cheese and ham, you'll be fine." I assured her, taking a bite from my own sandwich.

"That has calories too." She mumbled.

"Everything you eat has calories. It's the only way you'll ever keep fat in your body." 

"Um, actually lettuce doesn't have any calories." She noted.

"So, you're going to eat a bunch of leaves? That's what you're trying to tell me?" I asked her. "Where do you even get all this information from?"

"I search it online." She shrugged. I thought of something to do, until one idea hit me. I knew she wouldn't like it, but it was going to benefit her.

"Give me your phone." I demanded. 

"What? No." She denied. I raised one eyebrow at her, waiting for it. "Ugh, here." She shoved it into my hand.

"Say goodbye to this for a while." I smiled, keeping it in my pocket.

"Well, what if someone calls me or texts?" She questioned.

"I'll give it right back to ya." I grinned.

"What if I need to post something?" She asked.

"Liv, you don't need to post stuff, you want to, which is different." I noted.

"No, but, like, for the label and stuff?" She asked.

"I'll make sure you do that and nothing else." I smiled.

"I don't like this, it isn't fair." She crossed her arms.

"It would all be better if you simply put this in your mouth, swallow it, and let your body digest it." I put her sandwich up to her mouth. She opened her mouth and bit almost nothing. "You have to do better than that." 

"Okay. I'm trying." She sighed. 

"Yep, we've got all day." I assured. "One bite would make a big difference." I shrugged.

"Yeah, cause then I'll look fat." She rolled her eyes.

We stayed there the whole evening, but she didn't eat more than half a bite of her food. I wasn't going to leave her alone, but I had interviews really early in the morning the next day.