Chapter 21

-July 2020-

Olivia's POV:

"And all my friends are tired
Of hearing how much I miss you, but
I kinda feel sorry for them
'Cause they'll never know you the way that I do, yeah
Today I drove through the suburbs
And pictured I was driving home to you" I sniffled. It's been a day since Josh called it quits and it already feels like an eternity. My mind is exploding with questions and thoughts. The main one was, What did I do wrong?

What did I do wrong? Was it my style? Was it my personality? Was it the fact I didn't dress up like one of those barbie dolls? What was the reason?

My alarm went off and I remembered I had to go to the studio, or Dan's garage rearranged to be a studio. I quickly changed and left the house, bidding a quick goodbye to my parents. I haven't told them about the break up. 

"Hey!" Cameron greeted me when I walked in the house. I waved at him, saying a quick hi. "Dan is downstairs with Conan, you can wait in the living room. Do you want anything to eat?" He asked.

"Oh, no. Thanks." I answered, sitting in the fluffy sofa.

"So, how has life been treating you?" He asked, sitting next to me. He smelled like strawberries.

"Good." I lied, shrugging.

"Okay. Mind if you say the truth?" He chuckled, trying to catch my gaze. "We just met, but I' a very reliable person." He noted.

"My boyfriend broke up with me." I fiddled with the rings on my fingers. "You know, just a heartbreak I'm going through." I tried to laughed, but failed.

"Liv, that isn't 'just a heartbreak'. It's fine if you're sad. Josh is an ass for not treating you right." He scoffed.

Cameron's POV:

My plan is going so smoothly. I can see us together in the future. And well, as for Joshua, Bye bye!

"Why did he break up with you?" I asked, curious to hear what he came up with to end their relationship.

Olivia's POV:

"I don't know. He didn't answer that when I asked him." I shrugged. "It was all so quick, then he hung up." 

"He broke up with you on the phone?" Cameron raised his eyebrows in shock. That immediately clicked something in me, and I got déjà vu from the time Ethan and I were dating and he asked for a pause.

-Flashback-

"I just- wasn't ready for so much at once." I confessed, starting to cry again. "He called me and told me he needed space."

"He put your relationship on pause by a phone call?" Josh asked, shocked. I nodded sadly. "I'm even sorrier." He answered.

- End of Flashback-

He's a jerk who never felt sorry. He never cared.

That sparked my imagination, so I took my phone out and wrote a hook line. 'When she's with you, do you get déjà vu?'

"What are you doing?" He asked, taking a peak of my phone.

"Songwriting." I answered.

"Right now? Is that something you do constantly? Randomly pull your phone out and forget about the conversation?" He chuckled.

"Sorry, but this is important." I smiled a little bit at his sassy attitude.

"Alright, write away." He scooted closer to me, and leaned back on the couch.