Chapter 30

-September 2020-

Olivia's POV:

Dan and I were writing a song with a little hook line I came up with. It was called Déjà vu and to be honest, it wasn't my best work.

"Hey, guys. I brought snacks." Cameron walked in with a pack of gum. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"You call gum snacks?" I laughed. He looked at the pack and shrugged. Dan chuckled and went upstairs to grab an electric guitar. "I think you just wanted to come down here." I raised my eyebrows.

He sat next to me on the couch and shook his head. "And why would I do that?" He scoffed.

"I don't know, you tell me." I gave him a cheeky grin. He looked away and chuckled.

"I don't have any idea of what you mean." He answered. I laughed and leaned into him, placing my head on his shoulder. "How is it going?" He fiddled with my fingers.

"I don't know, it's not turning out the way it should." I sighed. He slid his fingers in between mine and squeezed my hand.

"That's alright, not every song is good." He soothed me. "The fact that you can even write something and make it into a melody is amazing. drivers license is stupidly amazing, and no one can change my mind on that. I'm sure this one will come around." 

I laughed at the way he described drivers license and nodded. "Thanks." I looked up at him and smiled. Our faces were really close to each other, and it didn't go unnoticed by him.

"Got the guitar!" Dan walked in, and I quickly stood up and untangled our hands. "Oh, hold on, I forgot the capo. I'll be right back!" He walked back out. 

I watched Cameron stand up and walk towards me. "Please." He took a deep breath. "Don't kill me for this." He ended, and with that captured my lips with his. 

It took me a second to actually realize what we were doing. He had his thumb on my chin and I instinctively placed my arms around his neck, and went on my tiptoes. He pulled away a few seconds after, which left us staring at each other.

"What was that for?" I asked, catching my breath.

"I just need to do that." He answered. I didn't know what to feel. Something inside of me went funny inside, but it wasn't the bad kind of funny. "Did you not like it?"

"No, it's not that, I just- don't get why." I stammered.

He leaned down and kissed me again. "Take it as encouraging you to keep on writing the song. We don't have to label this, but I like you a lot." He smiled before he walked out. What the heck just happened? And why did I like it?

Josh's POV:

deep dark really deep secret gc:

Josh:

larry you couldn't think of a better name for this group chat?

Larry:

no :)

Matt:

so, what's up
keep us updated

Josh:

i'm dating a complete stranger
i know her and she's a really nice person
but i also have no idea about her

Larry:

felt that.

Matt: