Chapter 48

-March 2021-

Josh's POV:

"So, basically, what this means is that the point of view of the author differs from both texts." I explained. It was the third week in a row Liv asked me to help her with her school work. I was concerned. "Liv, are you sure you're getting this?" I asked.

"Uh, yep." She nodded.

"Then, why do you need so much help?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I don't know, I guess I want to play it safe this semester." She answered, shrugging. 

"Yeah, I understand that, but that doesn't mean I become a high school senior again." I chuckled quietly.

Olivia's POV:

Okay, so, here's the thing. Josh helped me with homework once and I really enjoyed the company, plus he's really good at explaining. I didn't like to do my homework alone in such a quiet room, but I also didn't know how to ask him if he could just be there while I finished the work because, weirdly, distractions help me concentrate; Not that I considered him a distraction, but he, like, you know, he... Well, you get the point. 

Anyway, I didn't know how to tell him I wanted his company, so I told him to, quote-on-quote, help me.

"No, I'm sorry. You're right." I closed my laptop. 

"You're not going to finish that? It's important." He noted.

"I just- can't think. Drivers license is a huge milestone for me and I can't keep my head off that." I sighed. It wasn't the truth, but it wasn't necessarily a lie either.

"No, totally. You'll find your way out of this one. I mean, when do you not?" He side hugged me since we were sitting arm-to-arm. "And you'll probably write another song about it then I'll blow up just like the first one. It can be like, 'I took my math test last week, the one my computer always bragged about.'" 

"Wow, I bet you that'd break the charts." I laughed.

"Yeah? Well, you have to credit me on that since I gave you the inspo." He shrugged, while I rolled my eyes. "Sorry, that's just the way it is."

"You know the fans would probably die if we did that." I chuckled. He nodded, joining me. A comfortable silence came upon us, then a question struck me. "Do you think I'll be a one-hit wonder?" I bit my lower lip.

"Of course not." He laughed. "That could never happen, ever. Even in another life."

"But, um, when the album comes out, just know nothing in there is about you." I smiled.

"No, totally, you didn't sing 'We weren't perfect' the exact same time as I did in Do it all again." He shook his head. "Typical, coming from a Swiftie."He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Shut up, don't talk about my mom like that." I slapped his shoulder.

"Ouch." He flinched. "I didn't say anything bad about her." He laughed.

"Still." I scoffed. 

"I wonder what your real mom has to say about being replaced." He chuckled.

"She's actually fine with it." I took my phone out and called her. He snatched the phone out of my hands right before she could answer. "What are you doing?" I whispered, when I saw his smirk.

"Uh, I don't know, Liv. Truth or Dare doesn't seem like a good option now." He babbled.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered, trying to take my phone back. He laughed quietly when my mom yelled my name. "Give it back!"

"This is what you get for slapping me." He stuck his tongue out at me. "I'm just playing, Mrs. Rodrigo. Liv and I are working." He chuckled, talking to my mom.

"Give me back my phone, dumbass." I gripped my phone out of his hand.

"Hey, language." My mom argued.

"Okay, respectfully. I have a song out in the world and I curse twice in it." I laughed.

- · · · -

Josh's POV:

"Three weeks in a row, I say we're in pretty good shape." Larry chuckled.

"What do you guys do? Make out?" Matt laughed. I threw one of Koda's toys at him, which left a mark on his forehead.

"We, sir, do homework." I answered.

"Yeah, you know the type of homework-" Larry murmured in Matt's ear.

"Dude, I'm being nice. Don't make me throw you one of Koda's favorite tennis balls with saliva all over it." I smiled evilly.

"Alright. But how is it going to go?" He asked.

"What is how going to go?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Your first date with her." He snickered. I gabbed Koda's  ball, which she had in between her paws and it went directly at Larry's chest, leaving a wet mark. Koda rushed and got on top of him to get the ball back.

Olivia's POV:

"Look, this time I'm just going to let you do whatever you want." Madi sighed.

"What do you mean 'whatever I want'? I need your common sense." I scoffed.

"Yeah, but whatever I say you end up not doing so I'd like to sit back and watch this time." She replied. "You're already wearing his hoodie, might as well-"

"Best friends wear each other's clothes." I noted. 

"Alright, whatever you say." She shook her head and smiled.

"This is happening again, isn't it?" I fretted. She nodded in response. "Well then, what do I do?"

"I wouldn't let it happen, but seeing thing from your perspective you would probably realize things way to late, then worry about them, then write a song and bam, everything starts all over again." She shrugged.

"Well, this time it isn't gonna go like that because I already know what's happening." I smiled. "Or is it the way too late time?" I mumbled, thinking about it.

"Liv, go write a song, then get yourself back." She ordered. "And, pay attention to what you write about." She added, before she hung up.

"Pay attention to what you write about, Pfft." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

I grabbed my guitar and sat on my bed, but nothing good came out. I was probably just a bad day to write. But, what was I going to write about anyways?

"Liv! Mind if you give me one of my hoodies back? I'm cold!" Josh knocked on my wall. Our bedrooms were next to each other. I laughed and walked over to his apartment. "Wanna watch a movie?" He smiled when he opened the door. I nodded, throwing his hoodie on his head and walking in.

'You would probably realize things way to late, then worry about them, then write a song and bam, everything starts all over again.'

That is not going to happen.