Chapter 19

-July 2020-
-A few hours after last chapter-

Olivia's POV:

Cameron made a fool of himself today. He tripped on the carpet and spilled his coffee all over his shirt. Plus, he kept on stumbling over words. But, I'm happy I made new friends. Not to sound like a second grader, but I missed having social interactions.

I went to the kitchen to get a snack when my phone rang. I smiled when I saw Josh's name appear. "Hi."

"Hey." He grinned. A high-pitched voice called his name and he looked away from the phone. He smiled and waved. "Bye! It was nice to see you." He called out, then turned his focus back to me. 

My curiosity shocked me and I asked, "Was that Sabrina?"

"Hmm, I smell some jealousy, jealousy." He chuckled. I scrunched my nose in discomfort. "But no, it was a producer." He answered.

"It's not jealousy, I was just asking." I shrugged.

"Sure." He rolled his eyes playfully. "Though she did come  and we worked on a songs. You don't have to worry, we're friends, and nothing more. I told you Liv, I don't have my eyes on anyone else, and I'm not planning to any time soon." He smiled.

"I know I said to call, but we saw each other 5 hours ago." I laughed.

"Hey! I promised to call, and I did." He threw his hands up defensively. "Oh, by the way, Taylor Swift just posted something on Instagram." He chuckled looking at the notification.

"She did!?" I exclaimed, logging into my account.

"It's just a picture, but okay." He laughed.

Cameron's POV:

See, I knew Olivia was going to be right in the palm of my hand. Well, she's not exactly there yet, but she will.

I drove to my dad's studio and was met with Joshua. "Hey, man." I greeted him, with the best smile I could put on. Smiling is kinda stupid now that we're all wearing masks.

"Hey, Cameron." He looked up from his phone. Wait, how does he know me?

"Why do you know my name?" I stopped walking and turned back to him.

He smiled at his phone before he turned back to me. "Oh, your dad is Joseph, right? He talks about you a lot. He even has a picture of you in his desk." He answered, looking at his phone once again. I heard a girl's voice talking.

"Olivia?" I asked. He looked up at me in confusion.

"Yeah?" He replied, showing me the screen.

"Hi, Cameron" She smiled.

"You guys know each other?" I asked, trying to act completely clueless.

"Of course. She's my girlfriend." He chuckled, as she grinned. This is going to be harder than I thought.

"Oh! I met her a couple hours ago when she went to Dan's house to meet him." I explained.

"Cool." He smiled. Then my dad called him to his office. "I have to go, princess. I love you."

"I love you too!" She beamed before they hung up. I need to redesign the way things are going to go.

- · · · -

"Dad, can I talk to you?" I knocked on his door.

"Come in." He answered. I saw him shuffling through papers, something I never want to do. 

"Hey dad, about the plan." I started. "I was thinking, maybe you could force Joshua to stop dating Olivia?" I asked. He raised his eyebrows in confusion. "That's honestly all you have to do, it's not like you have to climb the biggest mountain. After that, it all up to me and I won't ask anything more from you." I explained.