Chapter 17

-July 2020-
-The morning after last chapter-

Cameron's POV:

"Hey, Iris." I smiled at the FaceTime.

"What are you doing?" She sipped her coffee.

"Nothing. I'm trying to get in touch with Olivia." I answered.

"You're still doing that?" She asked, shaking her head. "You know, she sign the label thing and her producer is Dan." She answered. 

"Have you met her?" I asked, curious.

"No, she's supposed go his house tomorrow, I think." She responded, unsure.

"Are you going to be with Dan tomorrow? Cause if you are you can introduce her to me-" I started but she interupted me 

"I'm not going to Dan's tomorrow." She answered.

"But, can you? Do it for me. Please. You're like my sister. Please." I begged.

"You're obnoxious, but fine." She gave in, sighing. "You'll have to buy me a pair of shoes, though." 

"Whatever you want, thanks." I smiled. Ha ha, it's time for that Joshua guy to say goodbye.

Olivia's POV:

"Remind me again why you have a job that makes you wake up at 5 AM?" I groaned, shifting on my bed.

"It doesn't start until 7:30." He laughed, streching.

"So then, what are you doing?" I asked, using my elbows to lift myself up.

"I don't know, going somewhere to, like, meditate." He shrugged. That didn't fully convince me.

"Why at 5 AM?" I questioned.

"Because it's quiet." He answered, standing up and slipping his shirt on.

"Can you not do that today? I just want to spend a little more time with you." I rubbed my eyes to see him better. I snuggled myself deeper into the covers, missing the heat he gave off.

"Alright, just because you're cute when you're sleeping." He jumped back into the bed. Literally. He jumped.

"Ouch." I groaned when he stepped on my arm.

"Oops, sorry." He grabbed my arm softly and kissed the part he hurt. "You know, there's an old saying that at 5 AM in houses where celebrities live there's always a thump." He shared, leaning on the headboard of my bed.

"A thump?" I asked, puzzled.

"Yeah, like a sound of something heavy falling. People say it's a huge man with strong arms that drops a 87 pound ball anywhere in the house." He explained.

"I've never heard anything, stop trying to scare me." I answered defensively. He laughed at my attitude.

"I'm not, but have you ever been awake at 5 AM?" He asked.

"Probably, just not that I remember." I shrugged.

"See." He laughed. "We'll hear something, we just have to wait." He chuckled.

"That's not true, Josh." I laughed, though I was a little scared.

"Fine, don't believe me, but when you hear something don't come crying to me." He laughed.

We sat in comfortable silence, appreciating each other's company silently. Suddenly, we heard a thud. "Joshy, save me!" I jumped on top of him.

"What was that?" He asked, holding me in his arms.