Chapter 55

-June 2021-

Josh's POV:

So, it's been a few Liv has stayed at my place and she's been okay. She eats, like, once a day but I think that's good? Of course a human should eat three times a day, but considering her, eating once a day is some sort of advance.

"Just sign here." A woman smiled. I nodded filling out a paper. "Congratulations." She handed me a box with holes on the sides. I thanked her and walked back to my car.

I opened the small box to examine the small kitten in it. Yes, I went to the animal shelter and adopted a newborn cat. One of the cats in there was rescued and it turned out she was pregnant and gave birth to this little thing, which was basically half of my hand long. According to the woman I talked to, it was a Snowshoe cat.

I went to the store and bought the essentials, food, a bed, some toys, litter box, and some other things I thought were for cats.

It was the best to do this because Liv was out for an bunch of interviews up until 6 PM, so I had some time to prepare something.

I wanted it to be special, but I knew that we couldn't be outside together a lot to not be spotted by fans, so I did everything inside. I didn't want to do something food related, because I didn't want to kill the mood with that, so I simply got the cat a little dress I ordered that read, 'Now that we have each other's hearts, will you be my girlfriend? -Josh'. A unique way to ask her.

I waited a few hours, then hid the kitten in my room with a toy that she grew very close to. I put on something more elegant than my jeans and hoodie, and somewhat straightened my hair. I looked like a sixteen year old.

I heard Liv come through the door, so I got out of my bedroom, hoping the kitten wouldn't make too much noise. I took a breath mint, made sure I had the little box in my pocket, and walked out confidently. "Hey." I smiled.

"Where are you going?" She asked, chuckling at the way my hair was.

"I have something to tell you, so I did something for us." I shrugged shyly. She smiled and ran into my arms.

"I think I may have an idea of what it is." She giggled, hiding her face on my neck. "Next time, put a little less cologne."

"Sorry, I got a little too excited about everything." I confessed. "I just have a little present for you." I pulled her off me and ran to the bedroom, where the kitten was having its private time with the litter box. "Why now when you had all afternoon?" I groaned, waiting. A couple seconds later, she was done, so I grabbed it with one hand and hid it behind my back.

"So, umm, I don't know how you're going to react to this, but, yeah." I scratched the back on my neck, before I revealed the small kitten in my hand.

She gasped and held it in her own hands, not noticing the words on the tiny dress. I gave it some time, smiling while she took a closer look at the kitten, talking in a weird, high-pitched, voice. Then, she bumped into the words. I saw her read them under her breath and then look up at me with a big grin. "Yes." She smiled.

"Yeah?" My face lit up.

"Yeah." She beamed.

"Yeah." I repeated. I waited no time and immediately brought her lips up to mine, both melting into each other. I lifted her off her feet, wrapping her legs around my waist. She smiled into the kiss and pulled us apart to catch our breath. It took me a whole year, but it was definitely worth waiting for.

"What are you going to name her?" I asked, with a huge grin on my face. My life was back on track.

"Taylor." She laughed. "She has a cat named Olivia, I should have a call named Taylor." She explained.

"I knew it." I nuzzled our noses together. "But, that isn't the only thing I have for you." I smiled, letting her jump off me. I took a deep breath and took out the small black box with a ring in it. Her eyes widen, and she opened her mouth. "Uh-Ah, before you say anything. No, this is not a proposal." I made known. She nodded, calming down. "We've been through a lot together and it's been full of laughter, sadness, disappointment, love-"

"Josh, this looks a lot like a proposal." She cut me off.

"It's not. Let me finish." I laughed. "I'm giving you this ring so that every time you see it, it'll remind you that I won't make promises I can't keep and I'll always be there for you. It's called a promise ring." I beamed, slipping the ring on her. We lost each other in our eyes, then she spoke up.

"Kiss me, you dork." She chortled. I laughed, slightly bending down to reach her lips.

"You know, I can fit the entire world in my hands." I smirked, pulling away almost nothing.

"Yeah, how is that?" She raised one eyebrow. I cupped her face and smiled.

"Told ya." I snickered. She blushed, pulling on my curls.

"Why are you like this?" She giggled.

"Because I have you. I'm literally a Ricky Bowen without you." I laughed.

"No, you're always a Ricky Bowen." She objected, with a huge smile. Her face suddenly changed and she became pale. "Um, can you bring me a glass of water, please?" She asked.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, disturbed.

"Yeah, I'm, uh, I just need to sit down for- sit down for a, uh, second." She let the cat down and sloppily made her way to the couch. I rushed to get her some water, but by the time I was back, she had passed out.

"No, not this again." I fretted. I picked her up and laid her one the floor, lifting her legs up. I did everything like the first time and waited for her to wake up. "Liv? I'm here, just open your eyes, baby." I kissed her forehead. Last time she fainted it didn't take more than two minutes, but this time it was taking longer. "Livvy? Come on, don't scare me." I mumbled, taking her hand. "Princess?"

"Yeah?" She groaned, fluttering her eyes open. I let out a breath and a gave her water.

"Liv, I don't care what you're thinking, you're going to eat something." I picked her up and carried her to the kitchen counter. "Here." I handed her some left over chineese food.

"I'm not going to eat that, do you know how much fat there's in it?" She scoffed, pushing it away.

"Why are you being like this?" I fumed. "Do you know how much the cast is worried right now?! Can't you not see I'm just trying to help you?! No! Well maybe, if you were a little bit less self-centered you would!" I yelled. I wasn't mad at her, I was trying to get her to understand the way I felt, and then maybe she would change?

She slammed the food back into my hands and walked off to the bathroom. I walked behind her, trying to stop her. "Wait, Liv, no. I just couldn't hold it in, I'm-" She harshly closed the door on my face. "Sorry." I sighed. "I didn't mean it that way, I know it came off as-"

"Just leave alone!" She cried. "I don't want to talk to you right now!"

"Don't lock yourself, please." I begged, but I heard nothing. The kitten walked to me, so I sat on the ground, with my back on the door, and petted it. I didn't sleep that night since Liv didn't come out.