Chapter 36

-November 2020-

Josh's POV:

"Well, I think we just broke the internet." I laughed. Sabrina and I were in our Halloween suits, and we posted TikToks a few minutes ago. It was past midnight, so basically Halloween was over.

"I'm actually really happy about most comments." She grinned. Some were about Olivia and I, but we paid less attention on those.

"Now you have to start packing up." I looked at the time. The only available time to book a flight back to LA was at 4 AM, so we had to drive to the airport in about an hour.

I helped her with the bags, and we walked out trying to be as quiet as possible. The walls here couldn't be any thinner.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go in with you?" I parked my car once we arrived at the airport.

"No, it's okay." She smiled. I nodded and kissed her goodbye.

I drove back and walked up to my apartment.

"Think about it. When have you ever been in a party?" I heard Cameron say. I placed my ear on their door to hear their conversation.

"I don't like parties, Cameron. I hate big crowds, and I just- I don't feel safe there." Olivia answered. She sounded irritated, but of course he wouldn't know that.

"But it's my best friend. What could possibly happen?" He asked.

"A lot. I don't want to go." She replied. There was silence and then Cameron spoke up.

"I'll be with you the whole time." He proposed. My phone fell on the floor and made a loud thud. I picked it up and walked to my door. Her door open, and I flinched a little. "Can I ask what you're doing at my girlfriend's door this early in the morning?" He peeked his head out the door.

"Newsflash, I live next to her." I answered sarcastically , opening my own door. 

So, she's going to a party? Even worse, with him. I had to do something about it.

- · · · -

"Put my hair in a bun." I  told Matt. 

"That's going to look bad." He laughed.

"I don't care, I'm putting on a wig anyways." I chuckled. Larry made me a beard which made me look 5 years older. Matt put the wig on me and I looked like a completely different person. My hair was blond and straight, I had blue contact lenses, and I had a beard. "This is perfect." I smiled. I changed my wardrobe as well, putting on black jeans a white t shirt and a leather jacket.

"I think it's still pretty obvious it's you." Larry shrugged.

"But he's going to have his mask on, it makes him disguisable." Matt argued. I nodded and walked out the door before anyone could see me.

I waited about half an hour, then Olivia and Cameron came out the building. I was hoping they wouldn't notice my car was following his.

Somehow, I made it. The house was extremely big, with a lot of lights and music blasting through. Olivia definitely doesn't like this.

I walked out and sneaked in the house. Not that someone would notice, it was fully of drunk teens. I spotted Olivia about to drink from a red cup and rushed to her.

"Hey! You don't want to drink that." I stopped her. She looked at me, puzzled. I was the only one wearing a mask, and a complete stranger to her, kinda.

"Why? It's just water." She answered.

"No, I'm sure there's more than water in that." I chuckled. "Come with me, I'll actually give you water." I smiled. She seemed comfortable enough to walk with me. I handed her a cup and tried to start a conversation. "So, you're alone? I don't exactly see you as a party bug." I laughed.

Party bug? That's the best I could say?

"No, I'm with my boyfriend." She answered.

"Ah." I nodded. Stupid Cameron who left her alone with a bunch of bratty uncontrollable teens. "Where is he?" I asked.

"Somewhere. He was the one who wanted to come, I didn't really care." She opened up.

"What do you do then? At night, I mean." I asked her. She seemed happy I asked her that.

"I like songwriting." She smiled. "It fully expresses what I'm feeling when I quite can't get out of something." She explained.

" I play the guitar. Nothing much, but I know what you mean. Sometimes writing things out helps a lot." I answered. I was really happy I was able to talk to her again.

"I feel like I've seen you somewhere." She laughed. All I need is that she doesn't guess who I am. "I don't know, you remind me of someone."

"I've seen you on TV and stuff." I pointed out. "You're really good at acting." I complimented her

"Thank you." She grinned. Two teens about my height walked to us, I sat up straighter, not sure of what they were going to do.

"Hey, pretty lady, wanna dance?" One of them asked Liv. Say no, say no, say no.

"Uh, no. Thank you." She moved uncomfortably on the counter. That's my girl, that's my girl- that's not my girl, but I'm still proud.

"Oh, come on. We'll have fun." The other one asked seductively. She shook her head again and looked away. Before either of them could speak up, I opened my mouth.

"She said no, beat it." I jerked my head to the side. They walked away mad, but I didn't give a pickle. 

What would she have done I wasn't there? There's no need to thank me for being smart and looking out for her, as one should.

"You said you played the guitar. Can I hear you?" She asked me. I smiled and nodded, walking upstairs with her. I found a guitar in one of the huge rooms and borrowed it.

"This is calmer." I looked around at the big room, which was away from everyone else. "I have a deal, if you sing I'll sing too." I smiled. She agreed and took the guitar away from me. She sang a beautiful song, which she claimed wasn't finished, but I still couldn't see what she needed to fix, it was amazing.

I chose to sing a song by Charlie Puth, I played the first chords and as soon as I sang the first line she stopped me.

"Josh." She realized, with her mouth wide open. 

Damn it.