Chapter 33

-October 2020-

Olivia's POV:

"What would you do if he asked you to take him back?" Madi asked.

"Why would you even ask me that?" I made a sour face.

"Because, what if it happens?" She questioned.

"One, we're both in relationships now. Two, I'd probably tell him he doesn't mean it. I know him better than anyone, he doesn't love me." I shrugged. "And you know what? he isn't what he says he is."

"And that is?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"A hopeless romantic. He's just some cumbersome guy whose got some habit of getting use of people and taking them for granted afterwards." I answered. 

"A creature of habit?" She questioned. 

"Yeah. You know that's actually a really good song tittle. I'll call you later." I smiled. 

"You do you with your creativity." She chuckled, waving before I hung up. I grabbed my guitar but couldn't quite get a good riff for the song, so I ended up plucking the lowest two strings.

"Planned out the conversation that we'll have when you see me
For the first time after these months of apathy
And you'll say that you want me back
And I'll say, "Babe, you don't mean that," ah-ah
'Cause I psychoanalyzed you better than your therapist
And I know that you don't love me
I know you just hate the risk of meeting someone else
Having to introduce yourself, ah-ah

You're not a hopeless romantic
You're just a creature of habit
You want me 'cause I'm easy
You want me 'cause you know me
I'm not your soulmate, babe, I swear
No, I'm just there, ah-ah
Oh, I'm just there, ooh-ooh."

I posted it on TikTok and was met by a video he had uploaded. 

Falling at first sight? I'm not afraid to fall too soon? In no time I felt like I've known you my whole life? It seems like he never changed. It's all, I'll love you forever, until he finds someone better.

Josh's POV:

"Why is it so cold here?" Sabrina shivered. I chuckled and opened my new assigned apartment for her, which, by the way, was next to Olivia's, and Matt's, and Larry's, Sofia's, and basically everyone else.

It's was a cozy place. It was big for me, and it had space for when Sabrina came to visit. She booked a ticket to come to Salt Lake which I was a little nervous about. I wasn't not sure how the cast would react to it. But, on the bright side, she was only staying for a week, which was also the week I was quarantining, so I could avoid a lot of that ugly.

"Okay, now, can you turn on the heater?" She asked. I nodded, although often times the heater gives me pretty bad headaches.

"Do you want to unpack and then watch a movie or watch a movie and unpack everything tomorrow?" I asked her. She opened her backpack and pulled out her fuzziest blanket. I smiled as she sat herself in the couch and looked for something to watch. I prepared hot chocolate for both of us (I had no idea how since I suck with everything involving food), and joined her on the couch, being the spoon.

I felt like I'd grown into us dating, so we weren't as awkward as we were in the beginning. It was like when we were friends, but we were labeled as more. I have no idea how filming will work.

"We should watch one of your movies." I caressed her hair.

"Only if it's not one of the old ones, I'm so inexperienced in those." She laughed. 

"What about the new one that came out, called Clouds?" I asked, looking for it when she agreed. It was a really good movie, but she fell asleep barely half way through it.

I was in such confusion, and I had no idea what to do. I didn't have someone to guide the way out of this mess; Not someone like Olivia.

Sabrina is a very warm and friendly person, and she reminds me of a marshmallow, but she's not the person I want. When I promised Liv I would never have my eyes on anyone else but her I meant it with my whole heart, I still do. 

But I blowed it. I missed my chance to be with Liv. It all happened so fast, I should've asked her if she cared more about her career than us, but my stupid-self didn't. And now, she's happy with someone else; Someone that I had no reliance on. 

My mind kept telling me to not stress about it. Maybe he wasn't what I thought he is. Maybe he knew how to respect women, and knew how to deal with them. But there was also a little voice that told me to keep an eye out for her. As strong and sophisticated Liv might think she was, there was still a lot she was unobservant about.

Olivia's POV:

"Madi, you know what I just realized?" I placed my ear to the wall. "These apartments aren't sound proof." I frowned.

"That sounds overwhelming." She shook her head. "But at least you're with the cast and not the meanest grandparents I've ever met." She rolled her eyes. I laughed and asked her what she meant. "The Westly's are always blasting country music. Always! It feels like I was the one with a huge speaker in my own house. I'm not even kidding, I could probably quote about 50 of those now. They put them all the time and it's driving me insane. Last time I told them if they could turn it down they yelled at me for not appreciating music, and for having such a bad taste of it." She groaned. I laughed at her. The Westly's have been Madi's neighbors almost her whole life. They love me, but hate her, which I always crack up about.

"What do you think the rest are doing?" I asked her.

"I don't know, you're the one there. Why are you asking me?" She laughed.

"Because I'm bored." I rolled my eyes. Quarantining was always challenging, I had a week to myself to do absolutely nothing, so I decided to compose songs most of the time, and the rest I spent scrolling through TikTok and memorizing my lines.