Chapter 53

-May 2021-

Olivia's POV:

So, my first ever album was out and I was content for it. It was number one in a bunch of streaming platforms and it was insane. I had still yet to master that what people think of the songs shouldn't get to me. 

Josh's POV:

"Okay, so, is it just me or does Liv look a little too thin?" Sofia stressed.

"No, I saw it too." I agreed.

"Well, the only one who can do something is Josh, so you ought to go to her apartment and stuff her with food." Frankie smiled.

"It doesn't work like that, Franklin." Matt rolled his eyes.

"I promise, Matt, you call me Franklin again and I will virtually throw my flip-flop at you."He threatened.

"Guys! We're talking about Liv. We need to do something." I advised. They nodded their head, and thought of something to do.

"Well, if she's starving herself, why would she?" Julia asked. I shrugged, having no idea. I haven't been with her since the morning after the whole Cameron incident.

"I'll go check on her, then." I hesitated. I didn't want to think Liv was starving herself; She knew better than that.

"Without asking?" Dara questioned.

"We're friends, it's fine." I walked out of my apartment. 

"Josh, the mask." Larry reminded me. I thanked him and grabbed it before I locked the door. 

"I don't know what to do if she isn't eating. What do I tell her? Do I force her to eat?" I mused.

"Yes, but don't be so evident." Sofia suggested. "You're the best with cheering her on, use some of that if you need it." She encouraged. I nodded. I hung up the call a while later since I had reached her complex. I pressed on the button and waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" I heard from the machine.

"It's me." I answered, testing her. She opened the main door immediately. Oh gosh, she's so naive. I walked up to her apartment and opened the door. "Liv, you can't just open the main door to whoever says 'It's me', that's dangerous. And, what did I tell you about locking this door?" I pointed out, taking my shoes off in the entrance.

"I knew it was you by your voice tone, and I just opened it so I didn't have to walk to the door when you were here." She noted. I shook my head and looked up at her. Her face was pale and the bags under her eyes were clearly visible.

Umm, how do I do this?

"Yeah, sure. Don't do that again, it's unsafe." I scolded, sitting down on the couch with her. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, uh, nothing." She turned her phone off. 

"Okay, cool, mind if I check your phone for a second." I snatched it from her without a warning.

"No, give it back." She jumped on top of me, trying to reach it.

"Just let me see what you were doing." I hid it behind my back. 

"You aren't my parents, you can't do that." She argued, mad about the situation. "I'm seriously not playing, give it back." She stared at me dead in the eyes. That made me uneasy and I stood up from the couch to take a look at her phone. It was the comments from her latest post, just that they were all bad and hurtful. Oh?

"This makes sense now." I realized, not noticing I said that out loud.

"What makes sense?" She gripped her phone away from my hands.