Chapter 37

-November 2020-
-Right after last chapter-

Josh's POV:

I sighed and took off the wig, and the contacts, and fixed my hair. "It's me." I looked down, guilty.

"What are you doing here?!" She stood up. "Your girl didn't give you enough so you had to stalk me?!" She raged. Ouch.

"I was protecting you." I shrugged slightly, still fixing my gaze on the floor.

"Protecting me?! I don't need protection!" She answered. 

I looked up at her and scoffed. "No, of course you don't. You didn't even know you were going to drink alcohol in that cup. What would you have done when those guys forced you to dace, eh?" I stood up and walked closer to her. She stayed quiet, with no answer. "I knew you didn't want to come here since I saw you're face in the morning, I'm not asking you to thank me. Just- don't be so naive!" I explained. "Didn't Cameron promise you to be with you all the time? What happened to that?" I questioned.

"How do you know that?" She asked me. We were both really mad, and also really close. I had been walking closer to her as I talked.

"I just do." I looked away, and took a step back. We both turned away from each other, to ease of the tension.

Olivia's POV:

I really didn't know what to feel. Should I be mad he followed me here? He saved me from those guys. But he dressed up as a complete stranger! He also gave me real water. How could I be sure he wasn't making stuff up, and the cup was clean in the first place? 

"I'm driving you home." He turned around to face me.

 I scoffed and folded my arms over my chest. "No, you're not."

"Cameron's drunk. Where's your mind right now? It's dangerous for you to go with him." He explained, pulling on his curls in distress.

"Where was your mind when you left me for her?" I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"Come on, we're still on that? You have a boyfriend!" He noted, discreetly showing me that I had supposedly moved on.

"Why did you leave?" I gained up the courage to ask him. Our eyes were fixed on each other, fighting for dominance in the argument.

He sighed and shook his head. "I can't answer that." He looked away.

"I can. It's because you're a jerk." I spat out. He opened his mouth to explain, but someone opened the door.

"Hey, Liv. I have to tell you something bad. I- What is he doing here?" Cameron clenched his fists. He could barely stand straight, and although we were far from each other, I could definitely smell alcohol all over him.

"Hi, I'm the responsible one who doesn't leave a minor in a house full of drunk humans." Josh answered with an, evidently, fake smile. He walked to me and tried to pull me out. "We're leaving. Now." He held his strong grip on my wrist as I fought to get away from him. Cameron was too dizzy to fully process what was happening.

"I'm not going with you." I used my other hand to get his off me. I tried everything, but nothing I did was strong enough.

"Olivia." He yanked my arm closer to him and looked at me dead in the eyes. "Stop being stubborn and do what's right." He uttered. His eyes were bloodshot red and tired. I stopped trying and nodded, letting him drag me out.

"This doesn't change anything." I opened my mouth while we drove back. 

"Okay." He shrugged, keeping his eyes on the road.

"We're still going to ignore each other in between takes." I explained.

"Cool." He nodded.

"We're not going to talk to each other at all." She noted.

"Alright." He agreed.

"Everything is for our jobs and nothing else." 

"Fair."

"This doesn't mean-" I started.

"I get it! We don't talk. No need to mention every little thing." He rolled his eyes. "Thank you for letting me help you." He parked the car. I hummed quietly, as a 'no problem', and walked out of his car.

"Thank you for being there. As much as I hate that you went behind my back. Don't do it again." I answered, looking everywhere but him. He smiled slightly and nodded. I waited a few seconds for him to come out, but he didn't, so I turned around awkwardly and walk into the apartment complex.

Josh's POV:

That was exhausting.

I drove to the park where I asked Liv to be my girlfriend. I walked around the bush we sat next to while we had our little picnic and smiled sadly at the old memories.

"I like you. I really like you. I go crazy every second I spend with you."
"You don't know how much I wanted to yell at that guy for not treating you how you're supposed to be."
"I realized I don't want this to be over. I don't want us to be over. You're it. You the one for me"
"OLIVIA ISABEL RODRIGO IS MY GIRLFRIEND"

"JOSHUA TEASE BASSETT IS MY BOYFRIEND!"

"I finally get to call you mine.

Those moments flashed through my head as I looked at closely at the spot it all happened.

- · · · -

It was 6:45 AM, which meant I was running late to set. I brushed my teeth, put on my shoes, and locked the door.

"Man." Someone patted my shoulder.

"Cameron." I shrugged his hand off, and started walking to the elevators. 

"I need to thank you." He chuckled. I stopped walking and walked to him.

"You need to thank me?" I asked. He was probably still hungover.

"Yeah. Last night at the party I was going to confess to Olivia why you broke up with her and why we're dating but you got her out of there. I was drunk and well, you know how that goes." He laughed.

"Excuse me?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"You're really that clueless." He smirked. "I made my dad force you to break up with her. The only reason we're dating." He explained. I clenched my fist and the only thing I did was punch him, right in the eye. He fell on the carpeted floor in pain. "Dude, what the he-"

"Cameron!" Liv rushed out. Oh no. Not now. "What happened?" She asked him, running a hand through his hair.

"What's your intention, Cameron?" I asked, with my blood boiling. Olivia looked at me in wonder and confusion.

"I don't get what you mean." He winced in pain. Oh, come on! He's definitely faking half of the pain he's in right now!

"No, you do. Don't act like the victim here." I raged.

"I didn't do anything. He punched me for bumping into him." He explained to Olivia.

"You really did this?" She asked me. Her face was full of disappointment and regret. "You punched him for no reason at all?" Her voice broke.

"No, he really did something bad. I just can't say what." I spoke up quietly.

"There you go again with whatever you're hiding!" She pointed out, clearly frustrated.

"I know you'll never understand, but I broke up with you for a good reason. I did it for you." I explained.

"What?! Why can't you say whatever you have to say already?!" She yelled at me.

"I'm not sorry for punching Cameron. I have to go." I turned around and hid myself in the elevator. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, leaning against the wall. 

Cameron did this. What did he want with her?