Chapter 24

-August 2020-
-A day after last chapter-

Josh's POV:

"My back is dead." I groaned, sitting up from the floor of the roof. Sabrina fluttered her eyes open and was met by my face a couple of inches away. She smiled at me, and I returned it with kindness. "Good morning."

"Morning." She beamed. I moved my arm and winced in pain at my back. "I told you to get a pillow last night." She laughed, stretching on my lap.

"Easy for you to say, you had me to sleep on." I rolled my eyes, laughing with her. We walked down and I ran to the swing in her bedroom. "Do I get to sit on it now that I'm your boyfriend?" I asked her, trying not to flinch at the term.

"When did I ever say you couldn't swing on it?" She laughed, sitting on her bed.

"Umm, yesterday?" I chuckled, giving off some attitude.

"Hmm, don't remember that." She giggled. I rolled my eyes and sat next to her.

"I do. We were sitting here and you were showing off all of your Rihanna magazines to me and I went to sit on it and you said I couldn't." I laughed. 

"Well, in my defense, it was only because I wanted you to pay attention to what the magazines talked about." She laughed. I slipped my arm around her and rested my head on top of hers.

Olivia.

"So, do you want to go out today?" I asked her, forgetting about that voice.

"No, we shouldn't. Paparazzi caught us yesterday at the restaurant and now everyone is coming at us." She sighed.

"Fans?" I asked. She nodded, scrolling through her phone. "Why are they coming at us?" I questioned, puzzled. She showed me a screenshot of an Instagram post. 

"People rumor you're with Olivia." She explained. I swallowed hard when I heard her name. We've never talked about her.

"Olivia? As in my gir- CO-STAR Olivia?" I stammered. It hasn't even been a whole day and this is already exhausting.

"Yeah. How have you not seen all this?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"I have a 30 minute social media limit. I forgot the password so now I can't go on it for more than 30 minutes." I explained, remembering the day that happened.

-Flashback-

"We should really keep going with the song, Joshy."  Liv looked at me. She was on my side, leaning on me.

"Nah, this is better." I chuckled scrolling through my Instagram. She hit my chest playfully and laughed.

"I bet you can't go a week without social media." She rolled her eyes.

"Is that a dare?" I lifted my eyebrows.

"It is." She giggled. "I dare you to only go on social media for 30 minutes everyday for a month." She proposed.

"Fine for me, if you do it too." I chuckled. She nodded her head and smiled. "Deal." I grinned. We took each other's phones and set the limit.

- End of Flashback-

"Josh, we're on planet Earth." Sabrina nudged me. 

"Oh, sorry." I laughed, snapping out of my track. "I'm just tired." I lied. She laughed and interlocked our fingers together. "But, you know, those people have no idea what they're talking about." I fixed my eyes on hers. "It doesn't matter. Does it bother you?"

"No, stuff like this always happens. But there are things we can do to prevent it, like not going out so much. I like to keep my relationships private. It's weird for strangers to barge into my life." She explained.