Chapter 66

-September 2021-

Josh's POV:

"Okay, thanks, bye!" Liv exclaimed.

"Could you be anymore louder, I'm trying to sleep." I groaned, taking the pillow off my ear.

"Baby!" She shook me. I sat up, mindful of her energy and enthusiasm.

"What?" I asked, kissing her good morning.

"I'm flying back to California to the awards!" She squealed. 

"Ay, congrats! I'm sorry I couldn't join you." I smiled sadly. 

"I can take a guest. I wasn't sure if you wanted to come along, though." She joked. "Not like you made a huge poster with my face on it or something."

"That's called being supportive." I laughed. "But, I don't think I can go. Tim wouldn't let me since it's not planned for me."

"Tim said you can." She grinned, showing me her phone. 

"How?" I questioned, reading how effortlessly she asked through a text.

"I'm Olivia Rodrigo, I can do anything." She smirked.

"Yeah? Do ten push ups." I challenged, laughing.

"Okay." She nodded, jumping out of bed.

"I can't believe your level of stubbornness." I shook my head, watching her struggle with the fourth one. "Liv, you're not going to get ten, you could barely do the first half." I laughed.

"You said ten, I'm going to do ten." She snapped. 

"Alright." I chuckled. Ultimately, she finished, and fell dead to the floor.

"Told you I could." She breathed out.

"Yeah, sure." I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"Fine, why don't you do thirty?" She stood up from the ground.

"Pfft, I can do fifty without a problem." I boasted.

"Alright, then do sixty." She dared.

"Why are we like this?" I laughed, setting myself up. 

2 weeks later:

"Okay, calm down, we still have a few hours to go." She stopped me from pacing around the hotel room. 

"I never thought about the reaction we would get for being in the same place together." I lifted my head up, clearly worried about the situation.

"I guess they're going to have to accept it. That's the last thing we should fret about." She chuckled, giving her a hug. "Relax, your muscles get so tense when you're stressed." She rubbed my back.

"What if we tell the fans now?" I pulled away.

"No, I want them to see us at the awards, then we'll tell them. I want to see what they come up with." She laughed, but I didn't. "Come on, what happened to Mr. I don't care about what people think, I am unaffected by what they gossip about." She imitated my voice.

I laughed and nodded. "You're right, we'll be fine, why are you so anxious about it?" I scoffed playfully, nudging her.

- · · · -

"I don't think I can do this." She stopped me while we walked to her assigned dressing room, hand in hand.

"I get that you're nervous, but you're on in, like, thirty minutes, you have to get ready. Also, you can't cry or your mascara is going to run." I rubbed her cheek with my thumb.