Chapter 62

-Note: The rest of the book is basically the future and all fiction-
-August 2021-

Josh's POV:

It was two AM in the morning, and I woke up to Liv shifting on the bed uncomfortably.

"What's wrong, beautiful?" I whispered, caressing her hair. "Liv, are you having a nightmare?" I shook her. She didn't answer, so I hugged her and pulled her closer to me.

"I'm a fraud." She whimpered.

"What? No, you're not." I consoled. "Who made you think that?"

"I don't know what I'm doing." She cried. 

"Baby, don't say that. You do know what you're doing." I kissed the top of her head. She sat up from the bed and burst out crying. "Hey, I'm here, you're okay." I sat up as well, concerned. I gave her time to let out everything she needed to, while I assured her I was there for her. "What's the matter?" I asked, quietly.

"I- I can't- perform on- tho- those awards n-next month." She wept.

"Yes, you can. You've done it before." I soothed.

"But t- this time, o- other celebrities w-will be th- there." She pointed out, sobbing between words.

"Just like your first performance. That was in an other country, and you even got poisoning the week before, yet you nailed that. You're going to the same with this one." I hugged her side. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"I could forget the song, or maybe I can't sing in the right key, or what if I sing so bad everyone starts throwing trash at the stage-"

"Liv, in a scale from one to ten, does that sound like something that happens all the time?" I chuckled.

"No, but it could happen." She hid a small laugh, looking down at her fidgety fingers.

"It's ridiculous, so let's scratch that out of the list of possible failure." I brought her to my lap, cupping her face, and wiping her tears away with my thumbs. "What real thing could happen?" I asked, but she said silent, thinking about it. "What's actually going to happen is that you're going to get up on that stage with a beautiful fluffy white dress and sing..."

"Traitor." She noted.

"And crush it, then I'll be waiting in your dressing room with white flowers, and I'll hug you and kiss you and tell you how much I love you. We'll go to In-N-Out to celebrate and everything will turn out perfect." I smiled, pecking her lips.

"I know you didn't not just-"

"Yep." I kissed her forehead. "I did."

"I don't know what I'd do without you."She hugged me. 

"Honestly, same. I don't know what I'd do without me, either." I joked. I cuddled her in my arms and we went back to sleep.

- · · · -

"Liv, can you pass me the salt?" I asked. She nodded standing up, then froze.

"What did you want me to get?" She asked, turning around.

"The salt." I answered. She nodded, wandering slowly through the kitchen. "Liv, salt." I repeated.

"Oh! Sorry." She grabbed it and handed it to me.

"Maybe we can go on a night drive after your interviews today." I smiled, but she wasn't paying attention. "Baby! Get your mind off the moon!" I clapped my hands in front of her face.

"What?" She laughed.

"What you're going to do today?" I chuckled.

"Oh, I'm going to do some interviews. After those, can we take Taylor on a night drive?" She asked.