Chapter 11

-April 2020-
-Right after last chapter-

Josh's POV:

Sabrina called her sister and I drove the three of us to my apartment. We played 'Anyone Else' on the ride there, so Sarah could get a design of how she wanted everything to be.

"So, this is my place. I know it's small, and it's sort of like a tree house, but yeah." I chuckled, opening the door for her.

"Wow, it's very home-y." Sabrina smiled, looking around. 

"And also a total mess, ignore the pile of clothes." I blushed at the embarrassment.  

"My room is messy unless I have to do an interview." She laughed. "I understand."

"It's tidier than mine." Sarah laughed. "So, how are we going to do this?" She started. I liked their attitude; They were both always smiling and positive.

"Well, these are the notes my producer came up with." I went over to my computer and opened a file. "I don't know if you had any other idea." 

"No, I had something like this in mind too." She smiled. I nodded and we got started. "So, you're supposed to be thoughtful and somewhat bored in this music video, at least in the beginning."

"What if he's laying in bed?" Sabrina asked. 

"I was thinking he could be taking a shower." Sarah shrugged.

"Yeah, that makes sense, everyone has their shower thoughts." I chuckled, walking to the bathroom. "You guys don't mind if I take my shirt off?" I asked. They shook their head, setting up the camera. I changed into some shorts and stepped into the shower.

"Okay, ready." Sarah smiled, letting the recording of the song roll. I started singing with the water fall on me.

After the bathroom shot, we recorded more scenes. I sat on a chair and rolled around.

"Can she mess your curls?" Sarah asked, pointing at Sabrina. I nodded, smiling. 

Sabrina gasped. "I get to touch them?!" She squealed.

"Why are you so surprised?" I laughed, as she walked behind me.

"They looks so fluffy!" She giggled. I laughed as she slid her fingers through my hair.

"Awesome, I think we got all the takes we needed here!" Sarah smiled. 

"We could walk around and record some more outside." Sabrina grinned. I nodded, and we all walked out. I took my guitar with me and drove to an ice cream shop.

"Do you want anything?" I asked them. "It's on me, order whatever you guys feel like." I chuckled. I ordered a cone with mint chocolate chip, Sabrina ordered an Oreo ice cone and Sarah chose chocolate ice cream in a cup.

"I hate mint." Sabrina laughed.

"You do?! Mint is the most refreshing thing ever." I pointed out.

"But chocolate is sweet, and then mint is the total opposite. It's not a good combination." She shook her head.

"I think it is." I shrugged, chuckling. The three of us walked around until we reached Franklin Street. "Funny, I have a stuffed bear named Franklin." I snickered, looking at the sign. 

"I have one named Lucky." Sabrina smiled. "My dad won it in a fair when I was 2." She explained.

"You've had it for 18 years?!" I asked. She nodded, licking her ice cream. "I've barely had mine for four months." I laughed. 

We recorded some more in that street. I danced around with my guitar, and I sang on the road. Then we decided to go to her place to get some shots.

"We could video some shots in the car." Sarah suggested. I nodded in agreement. Sabrina took the camera and placed her hand on my neck. Did that feel weird? Yes. I have a girlfriend and it's not the best, but it's only a music video. I don't like her in THAT way. 

After we arrived, we did some more shots in her pool, which was fun because I kept on doing weird tricks. By then, the sun was going down, so we recorded the last bit on the roof. 

"Be careful, that last step isn't as strong as the other ones." Sabrina warned as we walked up.

"It looks really nice here." I smiled, when we reached the top. 

"Yeah, Sarah and I spend a lot of time here." She grinned. I went to the edge to see how far up we were, but I lost balance. "You like to risk your life, don't you?" She laughed, pulling me away from the edge, right before I could fall.

"Yeah, thank you." I laughed.

"You almost die and you're laughing?" She asked, stunned.

"I didn't die." I shrugged, chuckling. 

"And if you did?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Then I wouldn't have time to regret going to the edge." I answered.

"You hear him?" Sabrina asked Sarah. The three of us laughed and recorded the last part.

Sarah left to edit the video, though I told her I could do that myself. The two of them are very softhearted.

"Do you like sunsets?" I asked Sabrina, sitting on the roof.

"Yep, a lot. It's calming to watch shade move around." She smiled, sitting next to me. "I read here a lot in the summer." She shared.

"What your favorite book?" I asked, as the wind picked up.

"To Kill a Mockingbird." She answered.

"Wow, your really into it." I smiled.

"What's yours?" She slightly nudged me.

"Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert." I responded. "It's a really calming book. What's been your most embarrassing moment?" I asked.

"Ooh, okay, this is really embarrassing." She laughed. "One time I was walking into an audition and it was on the 5th floor so I had to use the elevator. I had a headache and I wasn't completely on my senses, so when I pressed the button on the elevator panel, my hand brushed the emergency button and a thunderous alarm went off and everyone in the building had to exit. That was so humiliating." She shut her eyes, laughing.

"Yikes, that's a lot." I laughed. "I had a crush on this girl when I was 14, so when I first got social media, I went to her profile and I, sort of, stalked her, and I realized she had a boyfriend. About 2 days later, I bumped into her and she was with a guy. So she introduces me to him, and says 'This is Mitchell, my boyfriend.' and I open my mouth and say, 'I know.' That was horrible, and I just wanted to bury a hole and stay there." I shook my head, recalling the memory.

"Random question, what's your middle name? If you have one." She asked.

"Taylor, since my dad's name is Taylor, what about yours?" I turned to look at her.

"AnnLynn." She answered. "Everyone thinks is two names but it's not, it's just one name." She smiled. We talked the whole night, until the sun rise. She's a really bright and open person. I'm looking forward to this collaboration.