Chapter 19b

This is the continuation to the previous chapter. Make sure to read that before reading this.

Hey, you! Yes, you. Oya, go back and read that chapter. Don't jump 😒😂😂

Hope you love the chapter. Enjoy 😌.

*

Picture of Michael in the media 👆🏾👆🏾. Does he not look like a Zaddy? 😍😍

*

Chapter Nineteen (contd.)

MICHAEL

"Yeah, I should have."

I notice her smile vanishes after my words and she looks a bit guilty, "Have I said something wrong?" She asks.

"No, you haven't." I reply with a forced smile and turn my attention to the notes. I know she is watching me and she probably knows I'm lying but she says nothing.

And I appreciate it.

We continue with the test and soon, the students begin to finish with it and to submit their practical notes for marking. Everything was going fine until John goes to the teacher's table to submit his notebook.

As soon as he passes by our table, it's like he put Cynthia on hold as she completely forgets what she is doing and follows his movement until he submits his book and passes by our table to go out of the classroom. She even tries to talk to him but he just walks past her and goes out of the laboratory.

What the hell is he trying to prove?

She turns to me all of a sudden and I raise an eyebrow in question, "I'm sure you now understand what precipitate is and you can finish the rest by yourself if you follow the instructions. Just do that and write down your observations, I will come back to tell you what ions are present and what the name of the compound is."

Without waiting for a response from me, she hands me the test tube in her hand and runs out of the laboratory.

I stare at her receding back as she exits the laboratory, wondering why she left like that and that's when I realize that she... ran after him?!

And she wants me to finish the experiment?

Oh, hell no. I'm going after her right now to stop her from doing something foolish. I glance down at the test tube in my hand and the responsibility she had given me.

Ugh! I guess I will just do that after I have completed the exercise.

I read the last question on the board and try to interpret what it might mean but I only come up blank. She had made it seem so easy when we were doing it together but now that she's not here, it's difficult.

I'm sorry, Cynthia but I'll have to complete it some other way.

I notice that the pair of students next to me are done with their practical and are just clearing up their equipment. We are already on the last questions anyway, I just need the observations and inference.

I head towards them and try to smile as genuinely as possible, "Hi."

It's a pair of a guy and girl and the guy is the first to look up, I legit thought he is about to have a heart attack.

"Are you okay?" I sound impatient when I should be worried but I don't have time to waste like this.

"Oh My God! It's Michael!" The girl squeals, gaining the attention of those working nearby.