Chapter 45

Picture of Wole above 💖💞😻

Warning: Talks of suicide in this chapter.

This is a very, very long chapter. I hope you enjoy it.

Happy reading!!!

***

Chapter Forty Five

CYNTHIA

All SS3 students are looking forward to two things today.

The football match between St. Joseph and St. Paul.

And the principal's announcement on Dorcas and her friends' punishment.

"Good morning, students." The principal greets.

"Good morning, ma." We all chorused with a little too much enthusiasm.

"I guess you are all happy about the first match that will be happening today or maybe it's more of the fact that there won't be lessons today." She chides and the students laugh. "Anyways, I wish both teams good luck."

"Thank you, ma!"

"Now, I want the rest of the school to give the SS3 students a big round of applause." She demands and there's a loud sound of applause from everyone. "This should have been mentioned yesterday but I decided to do it today because there is an announcement relating to it that I have to make."

"I asked the rest of you to clap for them because they took it upon themselves to engage in an act of giving which is pretty impressive. But then unfortunately, we have some irresponsible students amongst us." She finishes with a frown. "Can Ibikunle Dorcas, Chukwudike Chika and Benjamin Catherine come up here?"

The three of them aren't standing on the queue like the rest of us but with the teachers at the back of the hall and when they seem reluctant to go up to the principal, they are quickly ushered there by the teachers.

"Cynthia!" I hear Grace whisper-yell and I look at her. "It's happening." She mouths with a grin.

I nod with a smile, wondering why she is so happy that they are about to be punished. I won't deny that I find this satisfying though.

"These three students did something dangerous to their fellow student on Saturday when they went out to give to people in an undeveloped neighbourhood and they deserve to be punished." The principal states and there is an indistinct murmur of agreement from the SS3 students.

"The disciplinary committee has therefore decided to give these three students a week suspension-" The principal starts to say but is quickly interrupted by the whispers of the students.

"Just a week?"

"Shouldn't it be at least two weeks?"

"I'm not surprised since Dorcas dad is a politician and her mum is part of the disciplinary committee. I knew they would be favoured."

I glance at Grace with a questioning look and she looks at me with disappointment.

"The students will be given a week suspension from school and they are to withdraw from whatever activities they will be partaking in during the sports competition." The principal finishes and the addition of the last sentence seems to please everyone as the whispers immediately stops.

"But ma, I'm the queen of our house. I have to be there during the march pass." Dorcas complains and the principal flashes her an angry look.

"You have no right to complain whatsoever. Say another word and you will be suspended for a month." She tells her sternly and Dorcas immediately falls silent.