Chapter 63

Hey, guys👋🏽

So in this chapter, maybe we will get to see that John is actually not a bad person. Or maybe not 😆.

I'm sure you guys are going to love this chapter because I enjoyed writing it.

Happy reading!!!

***

Chapter Sixty Three

CYNTHIA

"Jane, what are you saying to her?"

John asks his sister sternly and she quickly steps back from me.

"Nothing." She replies innocently to him but winks at me.

I smile and pinch her cheeks, "She's cute." I comment, totally disregarding what she just told me about me being her brother's love.

"And she's a pain to deal with too." John replies with an all too obvious I-hate-her-but-love-her sibling's kind of love.

I wave goodbye at Jane and walk up to meet him, giving him a questioning look. I still don't understand why I am in his living room.

"So, where exactly is the venue for the date?" I ask and Jane suddenly squeals behind me.

"Oh, I know! I know! It's-

"If you utter another word there Jane, I'll make sure you never watch PJ Masks ever again." John warns and she looks pretty scared.

"Alright." She replies with a downcast look and walks slowly to one of the couches.

I smile as I watch her walk away then turn to John with a scowl, "That was too harsh. These things practically means a lot to kids her age. Sam can testify to that."

He chuckles before replying, "I bet he can."

His laugh catches me off guard because we are not supposed to be on laughing terms. He must have sensed it too because he immediately goes sober.

"So, where is the venue for the date?" I ask but instead of responding, he brings out a big handkerchief and folds it into a blindfold.

I stare at it suspiciously then give him a look, "Don't tell me you are going to cover my face with that?"

His face falls a little and he seems unsure all of a sudden, "I just want it to be a surprise. You can trust me."

I raise an eyebrow at his last sentence. He really has audacity, I give him that. Mentioning trust when he lied to me for two years.

He must have seen that I wasn't buying it because the hands that were holding up the blindfolds finally drop to his side.

"Alright, follow me." He announces dejectedly and then walks out another door.

We walk outside into his compound and we soon approach a cute canopy that is dim-lighted with a table and two chairs placed with it.

With the backdrop of their pool and the moon shining on it, it actually looks cute. I would have appreciated it more if it weren't for the situation.

We step under the canopy and that's when he turned around, a proud smile on his face.

"What do you think? I know you love romantic dinners under the stars but because the night was a bit chilly, I had to get a canopy."

When I hear his reason for the setup in their yard, I would be lying if I said I wasn't moved a little. He knows a lot about me, my likes, my dislikes, my ideal date. Things even Michael don't know.