Chapter 44

Helloooo! How are y'all doing?

Hope Ramadan is going well for those that are fasting? The Lord is your strength 🤲🏾.

So sorry for the late update 😪. Another apology as usual.

Let's hope you like the chapter.

Happy reading!!!

Chapter Forty Four

MICHAEL

You could say I was pretty much out of it for the rest of the day.

And what makes it even better is the fact that Cynthia seems to be feeling the same way.

I can't believe I kissed her.

And what's even harder to believe is that she allowed it.

That scene keeps replaying itself like a broken CD in my head. All through the late lunch Wole decided to sponsor and through our ride back home, it was all I could think about.

The guys probably asked me up to a thousand times if something was wrong with me and Wole being Wole had this skeptical look on his face the whole time as he looks from me to Cynthia numerous times, trying to piece whatever puzzle is in his head together.

Although I didn't tell them what had happened because I want the moment to solely be mine, I can't help thinking of how Peter or John would feel if they find out.

Would that give them enough reason to back off?

We finally arrive in school and people's respective rides to their homes are already waiting. I could see Kunle leaning against the familiar BMW and I'm grateful that he didn't bring the other bodyguards along.

Cynthia and Grace linger around the class teacher for a while before the class teacher finally leaves. I watch Femi approach Grace boldly and give her a peck on the lips.

I smile as Grace bursts into giggles, hitting Femi playfully and almost burst out laughing when Cynthia rolls her eyes and gives them a dead look.

Like I didn't just kiss her far more intensely than that moments ago.

Like I wouldn't give anything to approach her and kiss her again.

I tell everyone goodbye and they all reply except Cynthia who only looks at me. We share eye contact for five seconds, her face unreadable before she finally looks away.

An uneasy feeling settles in my stomach as I watch her walk away with Grace and it keeps growing as I walk towards Kunle.

Does she regret it?

Was that why she looked like that?

The drive home is in total silence with Kunle sending glances at me through the rearview mirror but he knows better than to try to ask me what's wrong.

"How was your reach out program?" Is the first thing Maggie asks me as soon as I step into the house and she sees me.

"Fine." I reply absentmindedly and trudge towards my room, not waiting for whatever more questions I know she has for me.