Chapter 54

This update is to make up for the one I failed to upload on Wednesday. Our next update is still on Wednesday so that's not affected.

This chapter is unedited.

Happy reading!!!

***

Chapter Fifty Four

CYNTHIA

I glance at my watch to check the time as my driver approaches the school and I discover that it's almost 7:30am.

The doctor had removed the bandage from my leg and I'm free from it and those crutches. Finally.

But as we get closer to my school, my stomach starts to turn nervously at the thought of facing Michael.

It gets even worse when I remember that I also have to speak with John today.

The driver drops me off at the school entrance and I can see Grace already waiting for me. She has a big smile on her face as she waits for me to approach her and it only grows wider as I get to her.

"Good morning, girlfriend." She greets cheerfully.

"I thought we already agreed that we won't be calling each other that." I say in response to her greeting.

"Oops. My bad." She blurts but she doesn't look sorry.

"Come on, why do you look like someone whose ice cream has been snatched. You should look like someone that has been served a big bowl of ice-cream."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning you should be excited. Is something wrong?" She asks but I don't reply.

"Oh. I know what's wrong." She continues when I don't answer. "You're nervous, aren't you? That's why you are being grumpy." She adds with a sly smile and I groan.

Here comes the taunting.

"You know, I remember a long time ago when I was in your shoes and I was nervous about a date that I was going to. You said to me that I shouldn't be the one nervous but the one taking me out on the date. So I don't get why you are the one nervous when it should be Michael getting nervous." Grace comments, wiggling her eyebrow.

"Grace, you of all people should understand why I'm so nervous about this date. This is going to be the very first date of my life and I don't even know what I should do or say. I don't want to do something that would end up ruining the date or make Michael get angry with me." I explain and she gives me a small smile.

"Cynthia, you are a beautiful, innocent, sweet and respectful girl. I know that you won't do anything to jeopardize your date because whatever you do would be perfect. You don't have to worry yourself too much."

"I don't know. It's easier said than done. I-

"You are overthinking." She interrupts me. "Calm down and go with the flow."

She notices the paper bag in my hand and raises an eyebrow, "What's in the bag?"

"Clothes."

"You can't get dressed for your date in school!" She shouts alarmingly and I roll my eyes.

"The clothes aren't mine."

"Whose clothes are there?"

The bell for assembly rings before I can reply so we enter the school and head for the assembly hall to stand on our respective class queue.

I go to class after assembly and I'm surprised to see that Michael isn't in class with his head on his table as usual. He was not even on seat and in the classroom. I go to my seat still wondering where he is because it feels odd to not hear his usual greeting or seeing the lazy smile on his face.