Chapter 35

Song for this chapter is 2002 by Anne Marie.

This is a very long chapter. Happy reading!!!

Chapter Thirty Five

GRACE

Femi drives out of Cynthia's compound and that's when it really hits me that I'm actually going out on a date with him. I pinch myself to confirm the fact that I'm not dreaming and when I feel the pain, it is all I can do to not squeal silently.

I had already given up all hope of going on this date, my mood ruined by my Dad and his words. But Mum had come to meet me in my room, comforting and asking me to explain everything that had happened.

The look on her face after I'm done with my explanation is all I need to know that she is also pissed with Dad's words and she had stormed off, telling him and insisting that I'm going to Cynthia's place and nothing is going to stop me. Of course, I had to apologize for my outburst and I do know he had only agreed for me to go reluctantly.

On my way to Cynthia's place, I just couldn't stomach the fact that Dad had said those things about Cynthia and it made me incredibly sad because I know how Cynthia would feel hearing that.

That's why I couldn't bring myself to tell her the actual reason for arriving late.

I guess what matters is that she is still my best friend and I'm on a date with Femi.

I'm on a date with Femi.

I still can't believe it.

I've had a crush on him since I've set my eyes on him. I've dated lots of guys but I wasn't really emotionally involved with them but if I should end up dating Femi? I just know it will be only a matter of time before I fall in love with him.

I had stalked him on his numerous social media accounts and I had followed his relationships with his girlfriends on them, the one with Dorcas' friend being the last one.

I look at his handsome face and smile, he is concentrating on the road and has no idea that I'm watching him.

'If only you will be mine, I'll make sure it stays that way forever. I'll try my best to.' I tell myself.

He glances at me at that moment and catches me looking at me, I quickly turn to the window but I catch the grin on his face as I hide my smile.

"So... where do you want to go first? Mr. Biggs? Tantalizer? Sweet Sensation? KFC?" He asks enthusiastically, his face beaming. But as he mentions them one after the other, my heart drops lower and lower.

These are places he has gone with his previous girlfriends and I don't want to do something he has done with them.

I want our date to be something different, something special and that's what leads me to my next question.

"Have you eaten at a local canteen before?"

That's the only place I know he hasn't been to and the look of confusion on his face only confirms it.

"What do you mean local canteen?" He glances at me and faces the road again.

"Like a roadside canteen. Not those expensive restaurants you just mentioned." I respond and he gives me a look of uncertainty.

"So, you want to eat at a roadside canteen? You prefer that to those eateries I just mentioned?" He asks, looking at me like he is trying to figure out what's going on in my head.

"I have never eaten at a local canteen and I really want to know how food there tastes like. But since there is no such place around here because we stay on the island, there's no way I could go to the mainland to get it." I explain.