Chapter 60

Chapter Sixty

CYNTHIA

We look like twins, don't you think?" Grace asks as we stare at our reflections in the mirror.

We have just finished dressing up for the party. Both of our hair are combed and straightened out and we are both putting on ripped jeans with a similar type of T-shirt. The only difference is my T-shirt is cream in colour with what looks like pearls scattered on it while Grace's is light brown in colour but with the same pearls too. The both of us are also putting on white sneakers and everything is all Grace's idea.

We are putting on light make up and I do have to admit that we look alike.

"Yeah, we do." I tell her while wondering if it was okay to be dressed identically. Not like I am complaining.

I glance at the clock on my table and realised the time is currently fifteen minutes past nine and I'm already feeling nervous. Grace on the other hand won't stop smiling, she's so very excited.

"Should we start going now?" She asks eagerly.

"It doesn't start until 10." I reply monotonously and move towards the bed to sit on it, taking deep breaths.

"Why do you look so anxious?" She asks, trying to hide her amusement but she fails.

I roll my eyes at her smile before replying, "Maybe because it's my first time going to a party in a while or maybe it's because I'll be seeing Michael for the first time after knowing for sure that I am in love with him."

"And there's that important thing he has to tell you too. Also you'll be seeing Peter too. I hope you haven't forgotten that you have to ask him about what he feels for you." She adds and I sigh.

"Yeah, there's those too." Already feeling like the night might not end well.

"Now that I think of it, it's also the first time that I'm going to see Femi after realizing that I'm in love with him and it's also making me nervous."

"You guys are dating already and I'm sure he's in love with you too. It's not going to be hard for both of you so there's nothing to be nervous about."

She nods, "Maybe."

A knock on the door interrupts us and Nanny comes in.

"Oh, my babies are looking very lovely." She beams as she enters.

"Thanks, Nanny." Grace replies.

"Why are you girls not on your way already?" Nanny asks.

"It's just 9:20." I tell her

"Oh." She says, realising it's the truth. "Then what are you girls doing to pass time?"

"Nothing, we are just talking." Grace responds and Nanny comes to sit beside me.

"Really? I want to join too." She smiles as I lean into her, patting my arm lovingly. "Actually, there is something I want to tell you guys."

I glance at her curiously, "What's that, Nanny?"

She looks at me and then Grace, "It's about the date I went to this afternoon."