Chapter 56

This picture of Michael just screams 'boyfriend!' so I had to put it in 🥺🤭

Chapter Fifty Six

CYNTHIA

The movie was interesting.

And Michael held my hand all through.

It got to a point where some couples began to make out in the theatre making it quite uncomfortable for both me and him but thankfully, Michael didn't pay attention to them thereby making it easy for me to ignore them too.

Or maybe he was just good at pretending he wasn't looking at them.

"Did you enjoy the movie?" Michael asks as we walk into the open air, hand in hand.

I glance at our joined hands again, realising that I can really get used to this. And then the imagination plays in my head, both of us strolling leisurely across a street. Holding hands, my head on his shoulder-

"You didn't respond."

I look up at him, wondering what he's talking about.

"I asked if you enjoyed the movie." He repeats.

"Oh, I did." And then I giggle, remembering a scene from the movie where the guy realised the girls he thought he was playing were actually playing him. "Nollywood can be chaotic."

"You're telling me." He replies with a chuckle and then we are both laughing.

He glances at his watch and sighs, "The movie was a hour and forty five minutes long. So we have a little over one hour left to spend."

"That's still enough time." I shrug, "Should we eat something?"

"Yeah, we should." He replies, but after taking few more steps, he stops and looks around.

"There are really lots of choices. Chinese, Nigerian, Pizza-

"I vote pizza." I interrupt and he nods his head, smiling.

"No problem."

We head towards the Domino's pizza in the mall and step into the air conditioned space. They are also quite a number of people on the restaurant.

I never knew the mall is usually this busy at this time on a weekday.

"You can order whatever you like. Let me quickly use the restroom." Michael says and excuses himself, leaving me just a few steps from the entrance.

I look around for a table that is near a window so we get to see what's happening outside too and I find one with two seats, just perfect for the two of us.

I head towards it and take a seat, then I hang my bag on the chair and pick up the pamphlet on the table that indicates the different types of pizza they serve.

I haven't had pizza in a while now and wow, they have added lots of impressive toppings to their menu. They all look so delicious that I don't know which one to choose.

I'm just going to leave the choosing to Michael. He should be back soon.

I'm still staring at the lists of pizzas when the shadow of someone falls on the pamphlet in my hand. I glance up at the person and find a guy standing in front of me, looking rather sheepish.