Chapter 24

I'm so sorry for the late update. A lot has been going on in school that I can't even begin to explain. Students of OAU will surely know where I'm coming from though.

This chapter isn't my best chapter and I'm fully aware of that. I didn't even get to proof read it as much as I do my other chapters. I just feel like it needs to get published since it's been a while so I hope it's worthwhile.

Thanks guys for being patient with me. 

Happy reading!!

***

Chapter Twenty four

MICHAEL

I stay rooted to the spot even after Peter has left the class, numerous thoughts swimming in my head.

Falling for her will make it more interesting? How the hell will that make anything interesting? And why the hell am I so bothered by that sentence?

I'm not really starting to fall for her, am I? I have hardly even spent a week with her so it's surely not possible, right?

The sound of a message entering my phone breaks me out of my reverie and I bring out the phone to see who had just texted me. It's a message from Dorcas.

Dorcas: Babe, where are you? Won't you even come to eat with us now?

I stare blankly at the message for a while, not knowing what to text to her in response. I can probably just ignore her, but she's only going to send more messages. And I don't really feel like eating lunch. The fact that Cynthia almost found out why I became her friend and what Peter had just told me had made me lose my appetite.

I also don't want to keep thinking about it. I think I need a distraction.

Me: I'm in the exclusive class. Do you want to keep me company?

Her reply enters within seconds.

Dorcas: I'd love to. See you in a jiffy.

Well, how about I put the theory of the fact that I might be falling for Cynthia to test? I would surely not be so enthusiastic to make out with Dorcas when she gets into the classroom because I know that's bound to happen since we will both be alone. It's not that I've always been that enthusiastic though.

I let out a huge sigh and walk to my seat in the class, resting comfortably on the armchair and enjoying the silence. Maybe I shouldn't have asked Dorcas to come over.

The door to the classroom opens not long after and Dorcas saunters in, walking seductively towards me. I look her over, from her pretty face to her gorgeous body and wonder why I can't seem to feel anything towards her other than lust. I know lots of other guys in the school are willing to date her and that she's got eyes only for me. I try not to feel bad for doing things like this with her when I know it's clearly not going to be more than just sexual attraction on my side but in my defense, I already told her just exactly how I feel and she still chooses to come to me.

"Hey, babe." She greets in her sultry voice and comes to sit on my laps. "You look really down." She tips my face up with a finger and gives me a peck on the mouth. "Is something wrong?"

Well, that's a question I can't even answer. 

"No, not really. I guess I'm not just in a great mood." I reply absentmindedly. She smirks at my response and I already know what's coming after that.

"You know, I can lift your mood for you. I can think of about ten ways to make you feel better right now." She says, flirting and I can't help finding her words amusing.