Chapter 6

Chapter six

CYNTHIA

"Why are we here?"

I ask Grace as she pulls me into the female restroom for SS2 but she ignores my question and sticks her head outside the restroom, glancing left and right before finally locking the door from the inside. She then goes to each toilet stall, checking to see if there are any students in them.

"Grace, what are we doing here?" I question again but she still doesn't answer me. After confirming that there is no one here with us, she brings out her phone from her pocket and begins to tap on the screen.

"Grace, why are-" I'm about to ask again when she shoves her phone into my face.

"See this." She says, her voice sounding strangely calm. I look at her then at the phone before collecting it from her.

I realize that she just showed me a video, a video of all that had happened between me and Michael in the cafeteria and I wince when I watch where I had slapped him.

Ouch. That must have really hurt.

Grace snatches her phone from me and stands akimbo, giving me an unimpressed look. "Do you even know the amount of trouble you are in right now?"

I roll my eyes at her words, getting tired of the way she has been acting since the cafeteria, "Why are you exaggerating the whole issue?"

I might as well have slapped her on the face because the look of disbelief on her face is overwhelming.

"Exaggerating?!" She screams and I flinch.

Gosh, this girl is just so dramatic.

"You slapped the son of the owner of the school you attend and you say I'm exaggerating?! Not only that but that same person is also a Senator's son and the video of you slapping him is already making rounds on social media and you say I'm exaggerating?!"

"But you can't just expect me to have continued to watch him spew nonsense and not do anything." I retort stubbornly. "I honestly don't regret slapping him."

She shakes her head in dismay, "I'm very sure you will be singing a different tune when you get sued for assaulting a Senator's son."

I give her a dead look, "And I'll also sue him for defamation and harassment since we all want to be mad."

I watch her lips twitch in amusement at my statement until it widens into a grin, all the tension and anger in her vanishing into thin air, "You're going to be the death of me."

"You're the one who will die of hypertension if you continue like this." I reply, expecting her to say something jovial in response but she stays quiet, putting her attention on the door.

"What-

She cuts me short by placing her finger against my mouth, "Shhh... I think someone is coming." She whispers and I roll my eyes.

Why is she treating me like a criminal?

Before I can say a word of protest, she pulls me into one of the toilet stalls and gestures for me to remain quiet. She then rushes towards the door to unlock it before coming back into the stall and locking it.

God, have mercy.

We hear footsteps enter the toilet and head towards the stall we are currently in. Grace places her finger on her mouth, signaling me to stay silent and I give her a flat look.

I wasn't even talking!

Someone tries to open the door but when the door won't budge, we hear a female voice ask, "Is someone there?"