Chapter 58

It's been a while...

How have y'all been?

This is a long chapter to make up for my absence. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Happy reading!!!

***

Chapter Fifty Eight

CYNTHIA

"No!"

I shout and sit up with a start, my eyes slowly clearing from the sleep induced haze.

"Ugh, finally." Grace sighs, causing me to blink at her.

"Where am I?"

She gives me a flat look, "What do you mean where are you? You are in your room."

I glance around, realising that I am indeed in my room and exhale deeply. "What happened?"

"I should be asking you. You were the one squirming, turning and showing me your taekwondo moves in your sleep." She tells me and then smiles at her own joke, earning herself a blank look from me.

She notices my look and then she becomes serious, "You had a nightmare?"

I open my mouth to tell her yes, but suddenly, I'm not so sure.

I remember bits of me walking with Michael and then John shoving his hand in my face. I think I saw Peter crying too but it all doesn't make sense.

Why would Peter be crying in my dream?

"I don't know. I can't really remember anymore." I respond.

She nods in understanding, "I get you. I'm always having dreams about Femi and whenever I tell him I dreamt of him and he asks me to go into details, I suddenly can't remember."

I give her a dead look, wondering why she's inserting Femi into the conversation. She gives me a patronising look in return with a small smile before I roll my eyes.

I fall back on the bed and gaze at the ceiling. I can't remember what I dreamt about but with the churning feeling that is still in my stomach, I'm sure it was no good.

***

"Girls, you should come down for breakfast now or you'll be late for school!" Nanny calls out from downstairs.

I shoot Grace a dry look then glance down at her hands holding mine and refusing to let go.

"Did you hear that? We should go down for breakfast now or we'll be late for school." I repeat, trying to remove my hands from her grip but she just holds it tighter.

"Can't you just skip school for today? It's just for one day so it won't matter."

"It won't matter if I have an actual reason to skip school but your reason is just not-" I try to look for a word to describe it "-reasonable." I finish, and she gives me a look of offense.

"I'm just being worried for you. You didn't read the messages on the school's group yesterday night, if you had, you would understand me."

"I believe I can defend myself well enough." I state drily.

"I'm still feeling uneasy. I didn't tell you then because you clearly had a nightmare yourself but I also had a weird dream. The dream was about you getting locked in a room with no ventilation and those evil students laughing at you while you struggle to breathe." She mentions in panic and I can't help chuckling.

Seriously?

"You're being dramatic and we are actually wasting time here."

"Fine." She agrees with an exaggerated sigh and finally drops my hands. "But I'm sticking to you throughout today."