Chapter 16: Everyone's Reaction

Laplace just finished delivering the bad news he heard to the group assembled before him.

"Clayman is dead? You lie! They is no way it could happen" Footman, one of the moderate clown troops shouted

Everyone was just to shocked for word. They couldn't believe that one of their own was dead.

"Two nights ago, on the night of the Walpurgis council, I lost connection with Clayman" Kazalim said to them "my connection with someone I viewed as my own child. This could only mean that he is dead. Even now, after hearing what Laplace said, I can't seem to accept that reality"

Teare began to sob for the loss of Clayman.

"This should not have happened," Yuki regretfully lamented "I believed that the demon lords were kid stuff and could be easily manipulated. I even gave Clayman those souls which awakened him for the very reason of overthrowing the other demon lords. How could he have died"

"Well, from what I heard from demon lord Valentine before I killed him, Clayman challenged Rimuru the slime who has evolved and become a True Dragon and lost his life in the process" Laplace explained

Everyone had a shocked look from the news. They could not understand what Laplace just said. No, not that they did not understand, but they just couldn't accept the reality that was before them.

"I have heard rumours that the new demon lord Rimuru has evolved to a true dragon but I thought it was just a rumour. To think that it was true" Yuki said to them with a shocked look

"No way! You mean that slime Rimuru is now a true dragon?" Teare shouted in shock

"I find it hard to believe. Just how did he evolve?" Kazalim herself

"If only we had known that he was a true dragon, we would have stopped Clayman from doing anything foolish like challenging him" Footman said

"If you put it that way," Replied Laplace trying to lighten the mood "I never imagined that it would turn out this way when I suggested that we hold a Walpurgis, not that it matters now. Plus you have to understand that Clayman was a fool at times. I warned him not to let his guard down but he wouldn't listen. He even went and picked a fight with Rimuru, knowing that he is a true dragon and it blew up in his face"

"Laplace!" Footman snarled "do not speak of Clayman like that again"

"I'm only tellin' the truth. Clayman got too arrogant and cocky, which led to his death. You can't deny that fact" Laplace said

"LAPLACE!!!"

Footman letting his anger to consume him, took a swing at Laplace. Footman hit his chin but Laplace stood where he was not bothering to dodge.

"You wanna go Footman? Be my guest" Laplace told him in a taunting way.

Before they could continue, Kazalim stopped them

"Stop it you two! This is not the time for acting" Kazalim said to them

"She is right Laplace. You shouldn't try to bear the whole burden by yourself when all this is clearly my fault. I'm the one who hired you guys after all. If you need to blame someone, then blame me" Yuki told them

Footman realising that Laplace was acting as the bad guy immediately apologized to him.

After that, they decided to plan their next plan of action

"What do we do now boss? Do we go and attack Rimuru for what he did to Clayman?" Laplace asked

Yuki took a thinking pose "I'm curious about something. Laplace, Kazalim! You too are on the same level as any awakened demon lords out there. Kazalim, I gave you those souls along with Clayman and you both awakened into a true demon lord. With your current strength Kazalim, I would say that you are equal to Leon in power and this is you that have not even regained your complete form and powers. So why do you still seem hesitant when it comes to challenging demon lord Guy, demon lord Milim and the true dragon's?"