Chapter 68: The Battle At Sorcerer's Dynasty of Thalion

A/N: Hello everyone. Sorry for the late update. Please read and enjoy.

In the country of Thalion, many battles were taking place between the elves and the angels. The Magus were mobilizing all their resources to deal with the angels, but one after another, they were being shot down. Even so, they refused to give up and waited for death. Instead, they took the fight head-on to the angels despite the difference in power between them. Thalion was proud of their Magus, a group of high-ranking elve military officers who were also known as the 'pure-blood knights.'

They were the ones who were qualified as mediators, full-powered representatives of the Emperor. Consisting only of those ancestral to the ancient bloodline, they were considered the supreme force of the Sorcerer’s Dynasty of Thalion. In reality, they were an order of knights composed of those compatible with a 'magic cavalry' weapon.

These 'magitech knights,' also known as Magus, were a national secret. They were called by the same name to protect the secret from being leaked. Their overall height was about five meters. They had a magisteel exterior and were powered by dragon muscle fibers. It was an intelligent weapon that possessed its own ego and would search for its own mark. The true essence of this weapon could only be displayed while with its rider. Just as the true mastery of spirit users was to assimilate with spirits, these magitech knights were also designed to release their true power only when ridden by their masters.

Normally, they were stored in the space of a magical gem that had been processed into a necklace or a bracelet. However, mobilizing the Magus in other nations would be subject to the charge of leaking confidential information and would surely be a liability for Duke Elalude.

Thus, the fighting abilities of each individual varied widely, and there were also those who were weak on their own yet unbeatable when in the state of being a rider. The fighting ability of such Magus was at least equivalent to a special A rank. About a thousand of them were currently facing the enemy in a squadron.

At the capital city of Thalion, a tree stood forth at the center of the city. The tree is a sacred tree that protects the capital of the Sorcerer’s Dynasty of Thalion. It is a tree large enough to hold even a huge city and seems to play a role in stabilizing the magicules of this world and preventing natural disasters from happening.

Currently, the capital of Thalion, the city embraced by the Sacred Tree, has been turned into a scene from hell due to the fighting happening in it. Elmesia, borrowing the immense power of the sacred tree that shielded the city, stood alongside Ranga, now evolved into a fearsome Demon Lord with strength close to a true dragon. They faced their opponent, the last female elite of Rimu, Casarial, a petite but overwhelmingly powerful figure.

Casarial appearance is that of a cute young girl with long black hair down to her hips and black eyes. Her ears differ from a normal human's as they have pointed tips. Her dark gray eyes have reptilian slitted pupils. Her attire consists of a black Gothic Lolita fashion. The most noticeable thing about her is that unlike the other angels with white wings, her wings are draconic in nature and are black in color.

Ranga and Elmesia glared at the petite angel with a wary look. It couldn't be helped that they are frightened of her. After all, Casarial was very powerful. Ranga's current power was in no way inferior to a true dragon, even though his EP isn't exactly at that level yet, while Elmesia was drawing power from the sacred tree to boost her own powers.

Casarial, emanating an aura of dominance that rivaled even the most formidable opponents, engaged in combat against the combined might of Elmesia and Ranga. Despite their enhanced powers, Casarial’s strength surpassed that of a true dragon, which made the battle a true test of resilience and skill.