Chapter 61: The Clash At The Jura Forest Federation

A/N: Hello everyone, a new chapter is hear. Not much to say except, have fun reading it I guess.

As the war was nearing its conclusion, a massive battle was underway in the Capital City Rimuru. Various battles were unfolding throughout the entire Jura Forest. Massive, country-level explosions were occurring in different parts of the forest. The terrain of the Jura Forest had been turned upside down due to the effects of the ongoing battle.

At the forefront of the battle with the angels, Tear, holding her scythe given to her by Kurobee, was seen single-handedly battling an army of angels.

Covered in blood that was her's and her enemies, Tear looked at the angels surrounding her with an angry expression that could not be seen due to her mask.

"Is this the best you weaklings can do? Come at me with all you've got, you stupid angels!" Tear shouted.

"Damn puppet!"

"You'll pay for mocking us!"

"We'll show you the power granted to us by our Queen!"

The angels roared as they all released light particle attacks that headed for Tear. Millions of light particles gathered together and attacked her.

Tear raised her scythe and began to spin it. The speed and force of the spin created an energy vortex that shielded Tear from all the light particles that bombarded her. The attack disintegrated everything in the vicinity except for Tear and where she stood.

After the attack was over, Tear threw her scythe with great force at the army of angels in the air. The scythe, having a mind of its own, began to spin in the air while rotating to attack the angels.

While the angels were distracted by that, Tear raised her hand and gathered her newfound power to release a powerful punch. The force of the punch carried a powerful shockwave that moved through the air until it reached where the army of angels was. Once the shockwave made contact with the angels, it caused a massive sonic wave, that released continental-sized explosion that destroyed countless angels in its wake.

Everyone, both allies and foes who saw the sonic wave explosion, couldn't help but feel fear creeping up on them. They couldn't believe that such power had come from a girl like Tear.

Tear wasn't always this strong. When her family was still alive, Tear was only as strong as a demon lord like the orc disaster that was killed by Rimuru way back then. But after running to the Capital City Rimuru to escape the pursuit of Rimu, who ruthlessly massacred her family along with Yuuki, her whole life changed.

Rimuru's subordinates were of the opinion that she should die due to all the crimes her and her family had committed. It was unanimously agreed by all of them that she would be executed by beheading. Tear, who had just lost her family and had bore witness to the unfathomable power both Rimuru and Rimu possessed, gave up hope of living and just wanted the pain to end.

She was more than willing to die, but her execution was stopped by none other than Demon Lord Milim Nava. Milim took her under her wing, and Rimuru's subordinates didn't question her as she was their queen. Tear, who was confused about why anyone would want to save her after everything she had done, asked Milim why. The answer she got changed her whole life.

'Do you really think dying is the best solution to escape from your pain? I know what you are going through because I went through something similar in the past. The pain of losing a loved one is something I know too well, but I am different from you because, unlike you, I had others who were willing to support me and I had Rimuru who loved me despite all my faults. Just as Rimuru was there for me, I want to be there for you too. If you want to protect those around you and to feel safe in this world, then you need to grow stronger. Strong enough that anyone will think twice before messing with you. But you don't need to rush because I will protect you from now on until you are strong enough to stand on your own against any force in this world. You don't need to worry because I'll be your family now.'