Chapter 23: Diablo's Wrath

Diablo was above the castle of the king of Falmuth in the air. He has a smile on his face that clearly did not reach his eyes. This just goes to show how angry he was at the moment. He was definitely not in a forgiving mood.

It all started when information got to Rimuru that the Archbishop Reyhiem had been murdered. The rumour says that the killer was the demon summoned by demon lord Rimuru. And now the new king of Falmuth has amassed an army numbering twenty thousand with the help of the nobles which sided with his plan of taking over the kingdom of Falmuth from the hands of the new Demon Lord Rimuru. The new king Edward, was as greedy as the former king and with his new military powers, he has declared war on the former king Edmaris, who is being supported by the hero Youm.

This failure was the highest form of shame to Diablo who was assigned by Rimuru to handle the things in Falmuth. He cannot even began to discribed how disappointed he was at himself for this failure and Shion making fun of him was not helping. Which was why, when Rimuru sent out a little bit of his subordinates with Hankro as the overseer to stop the Falmuth army, Diablo volunteered to be the one to attack the king and his men. Rimuru agreed to leave it in his hands again, which made Diablo quite happy. This time, he will make sure that the bastard who spread those rumours about him, pays dearly for the humiliation he received.

Which is why, when the fighting began with Youm's group and the Falmuth army, Diablo flew to the castle of the new king of Falmuth.

"I suppose I should pay the king a little visit" Diablo said to himself before he disappeared like he wasn't there at all.

†**********************************†

King Edward was in his throne room being briefed about the state of his men in the battlefield. He was accompanied by Glenda and Grigori who were tasked to protect him. He also has some demon slayer adventurers who were hand picked by the martchent that provided information for him regarding the new Demon Lord. He was confident in his safety because the two Paladins that were taxed to protect him were part of the ten great Sages who protects humanity from harm. Their powers were things from another world and he was happy to have them as body guards.

He had heard the rumours, that the world strongest human, Hinata has set out to slay the new Demon Lord. He was confident that the Hinata will be able to slay that new Demon Lord. As for him, he could just relax and enjoy his tea along with the Paladins and watch the show from the sidelines. That was the plan until an unexpected visitor arrived. An unknown being appeared from thin air, right in the middle of the throne room.

"Ku Ku Ku Ku Ku. A pleasure to meet you. My name is Diablo and I am the faithful servant of Demon Lord Rimuru" Diablo introduced himself

 My name is Diablo and I am the faithful servant of Demon Lord Rimuru" Diablo introduced himself

The room was thrown into Chaos followed by his appearance. The Knight captain of the king began to give orders to protect the king. They took the king to the rear and formed a defensive wall between king Edward and Diablo.