Chapter 36: The Opening Festival

One week has passed and it was now time for the opening festival. Everyone was busy and the Jura Forest Federation was busting with life. This was an opening festival in celebration of the establishment of the kingdom of Tempest and the engagement of Rimuru and Milim. There were many stalls that were set up in the kingdom and many monsters and merchants were managing the stalls. Many nobles were coming to Tempest city in preparation for tomorrows engagement party.

Some of Rimuru's subordinates like Carrera, Gabiru, Shion and Vesta have their own stall which there decided to open. Let's look at what each of them were doing in their stalls.

With Carrera

Carrera pleaded with Rimuru to allow her to open her own stall. She wanted to open a stall for arm wrestling match. Rimuru permitted her to carry on with what she wants and she did just that.

"Step right up people. If any of you can beat me in an arm wrestling match, you will be rewarded a total sum of 100 gold coin" Carrera shouted

Many crowds gathered around to see who would take the challenge.

"Are you adventurers pussies? Not feeling confident about challenging a lady like myself" Carrera taunted them

"I will take the challenge. Stand back people and see how a real man puts a girl in her place" A male adventurer said. He has a buffed body and his aura showed that he was no weak adventurer.

"Isn't that Kibau? The man who slew that Dragon single handedly?"

"I heard that he has been promoted to S class adventurer"

"If that is true, isn't it overkill for him to face that lady?"

"Well, she was the one who challenged everyone in the crowd, so"

And so, the murmuring continued in the crowd.

Carrera smiled when she saw the man who accepted her challenge "I like your spirit adventurer. Just pay one silver coin to get registered. If you beat me in arm restiling, you will win a total of 100 gold coin"

Kibou smiled "Nice and simple. I like that"

So he paid the money and got ready to begin the arm wrestling. Carrera also got into position and both of them connected their arms together.

"Let's start at 3, 2, 1 and begin" Carrera said before the match began.

Kibou used all his might to try and push Carrera's hand down, but her hand did not even flinch. He was even using strengthening magic to power himself, but Carrera's hand just won't budge. Eventually, Carrera got bored and in one fell swoop, brought down Kibou's hand and won the match.

The crowd began to cheer as they saw Carrera easily won her match with the S rank adventurer. Many adventurers were eager to test their strength against Carrera after witnessing how strong she is.

"Come on people. I accept all challenges" Carrera said to the crowd of people gathered.

And just like that, Carrera became famous as the unbeatable girl in arm wrestling.

With Shion

Shion opened a stand that sells different kinds of food. She was hoping to prove Shuna wrong about her cooking being good. The reason is because Shuna kicked her out of the kitchen when she tried to help to prepare the foods for the engagement party. Shuna told her that if she can manage to sell a full pot of her food during the festival, she would be allowed back to the kitchen.

That was the plan, but reality says otherwise. Shuna is currently preparing a pot of food in her stall with a tied up Benimaru seating in a chair outside her stall.