Chapter 72: A New Supreme Deity

A/N: Hello everyone. Sorry for the late update. I was busy planning a wedding for my older brother and his lover. Anyway, here is a new chapter for you all.

In the heart of the Transcendent Void, where the expanse of the luminous white space extended infinitely, Rimu, the powerful supreme deity, stood as an omnipotent presence that seemed to eclipse all existence. Her very aura imposed an overwhelming weight on those assembled—Milim, Guy, Velgrynd, Velzard, Carrera, Diablo, Benimaru, Chloe, Veldora, and Ramiris—as if their powers paled in her divine radiance.

Those gathered were subjected to an almost oppressive force, each feeling their might diminish in the shadow of Rimu's indomitable presence. As she addressed them, her voice resonated with an authority that reverberated through the expanse.

"Milim," Rimu's voice echoed, "It is a good thing that you have reached this height. You are indeed the perfect vessel to fuse the 'Ego' of my Milim in order to revive her. You should feel honored that among all the Milims I have encountered and created, you are the only one with the power to withstand the fusion."

The gravity of her words settled upon the assembly. They all knew before the war started what Rimu was planning, but hearing it from her mouth sent a ripple effect through their hearts.

"You must be Rimu. I guess this is the first time we have met, but you can call me Guy Crimson. I must say that such an act is beyond cruel. If your plan succeeds, won't our Milim cease to exist? As the one entrusted with looking after everything Veldanava holds dear, I can't let you succeed. There must be another way to revive your Milim!" Guy told her.

Rimu looked at him with a calm serenity. "If there was another way, I wouldn't have waited for many years to revive my beloved. I personally don't care whether this Milim survives or not; all that matters to me is to see my Milim by my side once more."

Milim, though overpowered in Rimu's presence, retained her resilience. "I won't allow you to meddle with my life in such a manner. There must be an alternative to this."

"Consider the repercussions, Lady Rimu. Your actions could have unforeseen consequences that might destabilize the very fabric of our realms," Velgrynd explained.

"Your plan, Lady Rimu, may have dire consequences. Please think about it carefully," Velzard told her.

Rimu shook her head at all of them. "You people certainly will not understand. I couldn't care less about the balance of the world. All I care about is bringing back my beloved wife who was taken away from me, not by her own choice. Why should I care about the balance of the world when I will erase everything afterward and recreate the world to a better one?"

Hearing what Rimu had to say brought down everyone's mood.

Guy tried to dissuade her once more. "Rimu, the fusion you propose between the Ego of your deceased Milim and the current Milim will lead to nothing good. The current Milim will not survive this fusion. It will bring an end to her existence as we know it."

"And besides, who gave you the right to erase the world in the first place?" Ramiris asked her with anger. "The world is already running smoothly without your interference. So stop butting in where you are not needed."

Rimu looked at her amused. "Do I look like I need your permission? I've already told you all my plans, and it is irreversible. You can either surrender or fight me and be crushed by me. Either way, you all will be losing."

Milim looked at Rimu with a look of understanding, but her resolve was not shaken. "Rimu, I understand your pain, I really do, but this isn't the answer. It will only bring suffering to my beloved Rimuru if anything is to happen to me. Please, reconsider. There must be another way."