Chapter 54: Beginning of War

In the Holy Empire of Lubelios, everyone was busy. Knights were running everywhere and the citizens were preparing their things to evacuate to a safe location that was built for them. All the people were being directed by the Paladins on what to do and where to go.

Inside the holy castle, we see Hinata in a training room practicing her sword skill and power.

"Holy break"

She disappeared and slashed the air multiple times with her sword.

Even though Hinata had lost her hero egg after separating from Chloe, she still retained her powers thanks to Rimuru and have even grown so strong that she could fight Luminous who has an Ultimate Skill on equal footing without her having an Ultimate Skill herself. In fact, she might be slightly stronger than Luminous if she goes all out. This is all due to the intensive training she did after her visit to tempest and her attainment on spiritual powers.

Even so, Hinata knew that it was not enough. The opponent this time are said to be stronger than true dragon. This temma war will be the first of its kind and Hinata needs to find a way to get stronger and fast if she wants to protect those dear to her.

Thinking that, Hinata put more effort in her training and continued to swing her sword faster with more power. She was so into the training that she didn't realize that she was not alone in the room.

Luminous who has been looking for Hinata saw her training and approached her. When she reached behind Hinata, she smiled and touched her.

Hinata who was distracted due to her training immediately slashed her sword behind her when she felt someone touch her. Her sword was met with another sword which blocked it perfectly.

Hinata looked back and saw Luminous holding a sword which she used to block her slash. Hinata had a surprise and shocked look on finding out that she had accidentally attacked Luminous. She immediately brought down her sword and got down on one knee while bowing her head.

"Please forgive me my Lady. I didn't know that you were here" Hinata who was still kneeling apologized

Luminous brought down her sword and sighed "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Luminous when we are alone?"

Hinata blushed after hearing what she said "I forgot my Lady... I mean Luminous"

"Well, we will work on that later. For now get up first. I want to look at your face"

Luminous helped Hinata to stand up and saw the dirt that was covered her face and body, showing how intense her training was.

Luminous caressed Hinata's chin softly "Look at you, working so hard because of my incompetence. I wish you didn't have to carry this heavy burden all by yourself"

Hinata smiled and leaned into the hand on her chin "I have already made the promise to protect both you and this nation. I can't slack off when the war is only next week. I can't leave everything to Rimuru's subordinates after all"

Luminous brought Hinata face down with her hand and kissed her. Hinata was shocked, but she accepted the kiss and brought her hand around Luminous waist. Both of them stayed like that for some time before they broke the kiss.

Luminous looked at Hinata in her eyes "You are the one person I don't want to lose. Promise me that in this war, if you ever find an opponent that you can't win against, you will flee as fast as possible"

Hinata sighed "I can promise you that if it makes you happy, but if I ever see you in danger, I will definitely come to save you"

Luminous smirked "Then I won't have to worry. I am still a member of the octagram! Even if the opponents are stronger than me, I am confident that I will not be helpless"