Chapter 18: Hinata's Resolve

"Come in" Hinata replied, thinking it was Reyhiem.

The guards on the other side, opened the heavy door and inside strode exactly the man she expected, Cardinal Nicolaus, one of her trusted friend and a nervous looking Archbishop Reyhiem behind him. This was expected but the group behind them were what surprised Hinata. It seems the Seven Days Clergy was here.

(Good to see you Hinata)

(Are you doing ok)

(Why are you looking so surprised)

The Seven Days Clergy conversed this inside Hinata's mind. Hinata could not hind her surprise

"Why are all of you here...?" She asked them

"Who are these guys Hinata?" Saare asked

"S-silence, Saare! You are in the presence of the Seven Days!" Nicolaus hurriedly replied

"Nani!!!" Everyone shouted

"Exactly" Hinata admitted.

All the Knights immediately stood up and saluted except for Hinata.

According to the rumours, the seven days Clergy were all well trained, surpassing the realm of enlightened and charged with training the next Hero. Their existence are stuff from legends because of the mysteries that surrounds them. They were the ones who gave Hinata the trials that determines the next Hero of humanity. Though, Hinata hated them with a burning passion because of their negligence to the crusaders before she became their leader. She determined that the Seven Days were all useless relics of the past when she took their trial. She took their skills with her Unique skill, Usurper which grants her two powers. Sieze which grants her the ability to take a target skill and Copy which let's her learn the skills she has taken for herself.

She has very much surpassed the Seven Days Clergy in power and they hated her for that.

"So, what brings you here today?" Hinata asked while glaring at them

The rest of the Knights could pick up on the hostility in Hinata's voice and wisely chose to remain quiet.

(Hee-hee-hee! No need to be alarmed)

(Archbishop Reyhiem here has brought back some valuable information about the new demon lord, has he not?)

(We simply want to hear what he wants to say about this new demon lord for ourselves)

This was their answer to her question. It seems that the Seven Days Clergy were using thought communication to answer her question in her mind. There were three of the Seven Days Clergy present in the meeting and those three were the most corrupt in their group.

Arze, the Tuesday priest who controls fire. Though, it is a lighter flame compared to Shizu's. Dena, the Monday priest and Vena, the Friday priest.

Hinata obviously did not trust them. From day one, this guys never liked Hinata and would use any opportunity given to them to mess with her and bring down her spirit. It got worse after Hinata surpassed them in power, with them now plotting to kill Hinata by any means necessary. She could not figure out their motives but she will eventually.

Hinata began to grow very nervous. Rimuru obviously had a poor impression of her. If the Clergy begin to get in her way, only the gods know what Rimuru would do to her and her nation. She could only hope that when Rimuru learns that Luminous is the leader of this nation, will be enough to calm him down.

She faced Reyhiem and gave him a listening ear

"I and Falmouth were very foolish. We challenged a foe that was far to fearsome for any of us. He will be the downfall of any proud Nation and any Nation who wish to challenge him, will meet their end just like we did" Reyhiem said with his bloodshot eyes and his voice raised like a scream while shivering like a scared lost puppy.