Not Needed

Chase was just watching the ball be kicked back and forth but the other pups. To be honest, it's a lot boring when you're not playing the game with your friends. Chase could almost fall asleep by watching. Chase just sighed as the soccer game has now been tied but each game took so long, Chase might fall asleep before it even ends.

Why did they have to vote me off? I wasn't that bad...right? Chase thought to himself. Well, he tried to at least be cheerful about it but was he really that bad this morning? But then again, maybe he was. I mean, they could've been nicer about it Chase thought to himself but then, he shook his head Ugh! What am I thinking? I should be grateful they're not as bad as...them Referring to his "parents"

Before Chase decided to wake the other pups today, Chase would always put on some sort of clothing. Other than his police uniform, Chase had this hoodie that he got a while ago. He always wore hoodies around the pups, he was wearing a blue hoodie with black lines going down the long sleeves. That's right. Long sleeves. It always made Chase feel comfortable, because he wasn't wearing it mostly for comfort but mostly to...hide the scars.

He looked back up to see them having fun once again. They couldn't have forgotten, right? Chase began doubting.

Chase was then snapped out of his thoughts as heard the pups cheering, seems like one team has scored another point but then went back to playing. Chase sighed as he then realized that Ryder was helping Skye fix up her copter. Maybe they might need some help? Chase then cheered up as he got up and walked away. Of course, the pups didn't notice because they were too distracted by their game.

Chase then walked towards the back of the lookout and noticed Ryder was walking towards him also, looking down at his pup-pad.

"Oh, hey Ryder sir." Chase greeted and Ryder looked up and smiled at Chase.

"Oh, Chase! Perfect timing. Look I need to quickly run to a gear shop down in Adventure Bay, do you mind helping Skye out with something while I'm gone?" Ryder asked and Chase smiled and also lightly blushed as he was getting to spend a little bit of time with Skye.

"Sure, Ryder." Chase agreed and Ryder slightly giggled as he noticed the light blush appearing on his favorite pups face. 

"What a good pup." Ryder said as he patted Chases head and walked off.

Chase then walked up and saw that the hood on Skyes copter was off and a couple other parts were off, the wings were off and some tools were laying on the ground and Skye was sitting on her seat, looking down at the controls.

"Skye?" Chase called out, trying to get Skyes attention. Skye looked up and smiled at the sight of the German Shepherd.

"Huh? Oh, hey Chase, what's up?" Skye asked as she then focused on her copter.

"Uh, Ryder asked me to help you out while he goes to the gear shop. So, is there anything I can help with?" Chase asked. Skye then thought for a moment. Nobody else knew about Skyes copter unlike she and Ryder does. But, it's better than nobody.

"Alright, so my copter needs to leak out some oil and be replaced but I can't do that unless someone holds down the brakes. When I say so, you have to press on the breaks and I'll tell you when to let go. Does that sound good?" Skye asked. Simple enough Chase thought to himself and nodded.

"Sure, sounds easy enough." Chase said, and Skye jumped out of her seat to let Chase on. Chase then felt the copter being lifted.

"Alright! I'll tell when to press the brakes!" Skye called out as she went under the copter. Chase then looked down and then began getting worried. There were two paddles and he had no idea which one was the brake.

"Uh...Skye? Which one's the brake?" Chase asked but Skye didn't respond, due to the fact that Chase heard some things being taken out from below. Chase began to get nervous as Skye somehow turned on the helicopter.

"Uh, Skye?" Chase called out once again.

"Okay, Chase! Now!" Skye said, Chase then quickly panicked. Chase looked down and remembered that his vehicle brake was the left paddle, so with that logic, Chase pressed down on the left paddle. Chase immedietly knew it was the wrong one as he heard the helicopter revving up and Skye quickly came out from under her copter.

"What're you doing!?" Skye yelled and when Chase quickly let go, the wheels of Skyes copter spun quickly and it was spinning so fast, that the wheels snapped off and hit the walls of the lookout, falling flat. Skye quickly lowered the helicopter as Chase hopped out of the seat and Skye jumped in, turning off the copter.

Both Chase and Skye sighed in relief but then Skye gave Chase a glaring look and jumped out of the copter and faced the police pup.

"What we're you thinking?" Skye asked with an angry tone in her voice.

"I-I'm sorry! I-I didn't know which one was the brake, I-I thought it was the left paddle." Chase stuttered.

"Are you kidding me? Why would you-?!" Skye then sighed, as she didn't want the other pups to hear her yell.

"Whatever, just leave. You're clearly useless for stuff like this." Skye said as she walked up to place the wheels back on. Chase then apologized once again, but then tried to put on a smile, let her know that everything will be okay. But the grin he put on was weak and forced.

"W-Wait, I'm sorry! Let me help you..." 

"NO!"

Chase was interrupted by Skye who shouted at him who turned around and glared at him once more.

"I think you've helped out enough today. You think this is funny?" Skye asked, based on Chase's weak smile, completely ignoring the type of smile that was on his face. Skye then sighed once again. "Ugh, whatever. Just go play with the others or something. I don't need you right now." Skye said as she walked away to pick up her wheels.

Chase opened his mouth to try and apologize and try to help her, but nothing came out. He then gritted his teeth in anger and sadness. WHY? WHY? WHY? Why am I so useless!? Chase yelled mentally at himself. What makes this worse is that Skye is his crush and having her yell at him like that and call him useless and telling him that she doesn't need him...it hurts.

She's right...she has every right to be mad at me...I'm just useless Chase thought to himself as he walked away, back to his pup-house.