Bereavement

As Lady Keres pushed through the crowd of people in the mall, she didn't dare look back to see Chase and Brutus running after her. Brutus spoke over his mic to Lincoln and the others, warning them of Keres's approach. Even though the two were catching up to her, she was still a long distance away and once they saw her take the exit outside, they followed her and quickly lost her. Due to so many people walking around and so much action and commotion happening outside of the hotel, it was hard to even spot Keres. Some people even gave the two dogs confused looks. It took a couple seconds for them to scan the area to see a tall Lady with the brimmed hat pushing through people walking towards the hotel. The two wasted no time at running down the stairs along with pushing other people aside.

Even with all of the people in their way, Chase could see Lady Keres clearly and he watched as she approached her bus but was then stopped by Carson, Ruben and Butch. Those three standing right between Lady Keres and her bus across the street made Keres growl.

"Get out of my way!" She demanded but the three said nothing as they stared daggers at her. She started getting more angry when she looked back to see Chase and Brutus running right towards her. And without hesitating, she charged towards the three and Carson decided to take her head on, sending a few swings at her, but she was able to dodge right before she sent one swift punch into his jaw, knocking him down to the ground. Ruben then came in with a swift kick to the legs, but Keres jumped up and in the air, extended her legs onto Ruben's chest, knocking the air out of him and slamming him down to the ground. Last was Butch, using all of his muscle, charged Keres and ignoring the punches and kicks she sent towards him, he grabbed onto her and held her down to the ground, trying to buy Chase and Brutus some time to catch up. But unfortunately, Keres used her knee to hit Butch right in the gut and used her fist to slam his head down on the ground.

The sight of seeing Keres entering the bus made Chase slightly growl.

"CHASE!"

The Shepherd looked over to the left to see the bus that he came here with, driving up to them right towards Keres's bus and Claw, looking outside of the window, tossing Chase's mask and pup-pack towards the young pup.

And watching Keres's bus starting to drive off, Chase quickly put on his mask and his pup-pack on and wasted no time.

"RUFF! ZIPLINE!" Chase barked out and shot his zipline towards the bus and it pulled him up from the ground and onto the air, giving him enough time to land on all fours on the top of the bus. And it was then when the bus started to go even faster than regular speed, and it was barely out of the parking lot of the hotel.

"Ruff! Grappling hook!" Chase then barked out and ran towards the front of the bus and quickly jumped, but right before, he pulled the hook out of his pup-pack and slammed it down at the steel and secured him onto the bus and now, Chase was face-to-face with the bus driver who now had a horrified look. The only thing standing in the way between the two of them was the glass. Chase pulled his right paw back and brought it back, smashing right through the flat tempered glass and punching the driver right in the face, knocking him out cold and stopping the bus right then and there.

Chase then felt the bus move forward even more due to Lincoln's bus colliding with Keres's bus from behind. It hasn't even been five seconds when the bus was moved and Chase already saw Lady Keres running out of the door on his right and towards the Eiffel Tower. But what was horrifying was the metal briefcase that the lady was carrying that contained the serums. Chase then heard Lincoln's voice through his mic in the mask.

"CHASE, GO!"

And without hesitation, the Shepherd followed his orders and ran after Keres. He watched her run through the doors that were the entrance to the Eiffel tower that glowed white, red and blue. Once the pup ran through the doors, the next thing he saw was Keres running through the hallways. It felt like he was chasing her through a giant maze until he finally reached the restaurant area of the tower. He watched Keres run through, knocking over red chairs, tables and knocking some people onto the ground. But before the Blue Bolt could catch up to her, she had already ran inside an elevator to take her to the top of the viewing point. Chase growled when the doors closed in front of him and looked around to see if there were any sort of stairs or another elevator, but there wasn't another elevator and no stairs in sight. Chase then looked around and noticed the windows surrounding the entire restaurant.

Behind The MaskOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara